Are you more fertile after you get off BC?

I had a miscarriage on Thursday and now that I'm feeling less emotional, I've decided to wait a little longer to get pregnant again. I wanted to get on BC then get off in October so I could try and get pregnant in November or December.

ours

Asked by ours at 10:01 PM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• depends what kind. Depo... it can take 6-18 months to become fertile again. I think the low dose pills might be what you want/need.
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 10:07 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I was just going to get on Yaz (the pill). Would that make me less fertile or more after I stopped?
    ours

Answer by ours at 10:09 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I don't know about YAZ, but IMO a low dose pill would probably be best for what you want to do. Anothe opinion is, you should probably let your uterus rest longer before trying to get pregnant again. Just to make sure it can hold the baby.
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 10:44 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• haha yaz the story of my life lol
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 11:11 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• well my second babies life :) sorry to hear about your loss
    Heidikans

• You got pregnant while on Yaz? With my first I was taking it but it was when I was getting married and kept forgetting to take it and doubling up lol. You can only double up so much until it's just not working anymore haha.
    ours

Answer by ours at 11:18 PM on Jul. 1, 2009