Has anyone ever had thyroid problems?

what symptoms do you have if you have thyroid problems?

My mom had Graves Disease, and they killed her thyroid, and now my Dr thinks i might have Thyroid problems, so i was wondering what the symptoms are??

RhiannonHunt

Asked by RhiannonHunt at 10:09 PM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Health

• Hi my mom had same thing and they killed her thyroid.My dad had thyroid and yes at 30 i had hypothyroid.I was getting cold easy.Very tired I slept hard sometimes 3 hours at the time during the day.I was weak.it felt like my body was giving out by half the day on me.Dr. put me on synthyroid and tests blood levels every 6 months.
    whistlemom3

Answer by whistlemom3 at 10:23 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I had thyroid problems but i was also diagnosed at the same time with post pardom depression so i'm not too sure which symptoms were from which but i did some research on it and some symptoms are tiredness, weight gain or loss, insomnia, change in appetite. That;s all i can think of at the moment but i will let you know if i think of any more. Good luck.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 10:24 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• thank you guys. I also have a mirena iud and am on antidepressant, so we're trying to figure out whish is causing what symptoms. i am getting my iud out tomorrow and had bloodworks today, so we'll go from there, i am jsut curious.
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 10:29 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• What are your symptoms?
    Thyroid is crazy important. It can make your entire body haywire.
    I have severe hypothyroidism. My hair fell out. I wasn't able to comprehend what I was reading. I had just had a baby so all the doctors kept telling me that it was due to the hormones and I was going to be fine. (Here have some anitdepressants.) It took a nurse to diagnose and treat me.
    Hypothyroidism causes pain in the joints and muscles, fatigue, weight gain. It made me cry. It made me confused. It made me suicidal. I knew something was really really wrong.
    I am happy to say I am doing much better, but every single woman should have her thyroid tested.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 1:26 AM on Jul. 2, 2009