super dizzy and sick!! Normal?

okay so I'm prego with my second and with my little girl I never got sick or anything best pregnancy. But today it's like super hard to stand up without almost passing out and I'm so nauseated (which I know is a usual symptom) But I don't know if the dizzines is a normal symptom. is it?

Heidikans

Asked by Heidikans at 10:17 PM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• with both mine, if i spent too much time on my feet in the heat (or bundled up in the cold), waited too long between meals, or didnt drink enough water i got dizzy. i also had low anemia with both my pregnancies so this may be something to mention to your doc when you go in, so they can do an iron check and if you need it put you on iron.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:20 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Every pregnancy is different, and just bc it didn't happen with one doesn't mean it won't ever! Being very sick is normal, and caused by the massive influx of HCG in your system. The dizzyiness is normal too, and can have several causes, including anemia and dehydration. Also, you have more blood pumping through your body than ever before, so you will get more dizzy if you try to stand or sit or lay down too fast. That being said, there are some minor problems that can arise from extreme sickness and dizzyness, so I would mention it to the doctor just so they know. Good luck!!!
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 11:00 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• yes it's normal ...in the first trimester dizziness may occure because theres not yet an adequate blood supply to fill your rapidly expanding circulatory system in the second trimester it may be caused by the pressure of your expanding uterus on your blood vessels..throughtout your prenancy high levels of progesterone cause your blood vessels to relax and widen inccresing the flow of blood to your baby but slowing the return of blood to you less blood flow to you means lower blood pressure and reduced blood flow to your brain which can contribute to that light headed dizzy feeling.getting up too quickly which results in a sudden blood pressure drop can trigger an especially light headed moment the cure for that kind of dizziness is just get up very gradually..if your blood sugar is low try eatting trail mix a piece of fruit a granola bar or some soy chips..and make sure you tell your doctor about the dizziness hope this helped
    Anonymous