? for Pagans...

what kind of Pagan are you? And what are your beliefs in the after life? I use to be atheist.. but because of my friendly Ghost, I can obviously no longer believe in that. lol. I'm trying to find answers to my questions.. so I'm wonder how you would figure something like this happening to you, into your beliefs?

xxhazeldovexx

Asked by xxhazeldovexx at 10:18 PM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I am a spiritual atheist who practices witchcraft. I used to see many spirits as a child and still know when they're in the room. I get emotions from them--happiness, concern, etc. I can feel my spirit guide's hands on my shoulders when I call her for help. I believe that god is NOT an entity with the power to think or decide, but an energy force from which our souls come and which we can use to help ourselves and others in this life. I believe in angels and I know that they aren't the property of the Judeo-Christian belief system. Shakespeare said "There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in our existence". And boy was he right!!!
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 12:55 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I believe we are here to learn lessons. I think we reincarnate until the lessons we've established need to be learned are.
    Then because we are basically energy(my definition of a soul)we then return to the Divine and join them in using our energy for whatever is needed.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 10:20 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• note: will check back tomorrow.. you can pm me with any information as well :)
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:21 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I am an Eclectic Solitary Pagan Witch. I believe that we reincarnate to learn lessons that we choose ourselves before each reincarnation, and then forget while we are here. I believe we go to the Summerlands after we die to reflect on the lessons we learned in this life and others, and then choose the next path we will walk. Hope this helps, and if you need more information I have some websites you might like to read if you msg me :)
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 10:56 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I am an Eclectic Solitary Pagan Witch. I have a strong pull towards many different traditions of Wicca but also incorporate some bits of Asatru.
    I believe that after death we return to the Summerlands to await rebirth. When the time is right to be reborn you return to life as a new person with the same soul. Gohsts, i believe, are people who have unfinished business here on earth in their old life and are "stuck" between demensions until their work is completed by someone else. I also believe that some people choose to travel from dimensions multiple times before being reborn.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:51 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I pretty much believe the same thing as outstandinglove, except I believe that sometimes ppl rest and contemplate and sometimes while they are waiting they can communicate with us. I believe death is another level of being. I have a more shamanic approach with eclectic pagan witchcraft.
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 6:46 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Oh and I want to add that I believe in ghosts bt consider being a ghost different from being beyond and coming thro to communicate.
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 6:47 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I'm an Eclectic Modern Hellenic Pagan. When it comes to an afterlife, all that I truly know is that I don't know and won't have a chance to know until I die. I've had experiences that do make me wonder if there is something more to this life and universe. Most of the religions that I've studied have common ideals about an afterlife; that one reaps what one sows, that one is judged by the life they lived, and that eternal rest and peace is the reward to living a good life. To me they seem like projections of what we collectively wish to exist.

But I don't worry about it. If there is an "I" that exists then it is a journey that will be taken. If not, all that "I" am will continue to exist, as it has before the "I" that exists. I am stardust and will be again. I take comfort in that rather than holding stock in an afterlife.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 10:10 AM on Jul. 2, 2009