Why can't i keep a job for more than six months? It's got to be something about me! What am I doing wrong?

I go into a job and it starts out great, and I know it's not gonna be perfect either.After six months things happen like, I get bitched at for things I didn't do or are out of my control, someone has a secret problem with me and even if I try to talk to them about it to work it out they deny it even though they tell everyone else.I won't get clients, (salon, only get paid by client) I make less $$$ than when I started, but I sure seem to be working a hell of a lot more hours. I get asked to do favors and run errands but I don't get paid for it. My clients love me and always come back, it always seems to be the owner or peers who have the issue with me. I even watched my boss talk crap about me to his client! I work hard, I treat people well, and I'm loyal to where I work. I'm about to change jobs again and I just want something to work. I just get tired and I leave. What am I doing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:29 PM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Well you are obviously being taken advantage of. They do it because you let them. Have you tried to talking to your co-workers and boss about this. I have had the same problem in my job, then my hubby said why the heck are you complaining to me about how much you hate your job, you should be complaining to the people you are having the problem with. He told me i wasn't to complain about work to him until i did something about it. Well i did, i talked to my boss and we figured out the issues, and i love where i work now, i even got promoted. He wasn't aware that i was bothered by so many things, and the way i felt. So do something about it, if you do and nothing happens, then it's there lose, and find a job that will appreciate everything you are willing to bring to the table!
    ashjacks4

Answer by ashjacks4 at 11:04 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I had the same trouble and found out I was bi polar. Could it be episodes of depression.
    Anonymous

• Every place I go I try so hard to stick it out but in the end I'm the one that's screwed. Everyone I work with is soooo nice to my face and I have heard them say mean shit about me when I was downstairs and they didn't know I was there. I advertise for free and they take my clients that come in from the advertising, I pay for my own product to do nails $600 since I've been there, but I still get the same commission as anyone else who doesn't. If the other girls need something he buys it for them, if I do I buy it. And so on and so on. This type of crap happens everywhere I go.
    Anonymous

• Sorry but if youve had this problem at several different places it has to be you. Maybe you give off an attitude towards people and don't realize it? Try talking to the people about how you can improve. Most employers like to see employees willing to do better.
    Anonymous

• Hello Anon!! Did I not just say it was me!!! Did you read the rest of the post. I take blame for things I have no control over! I think I may be a doormat..and it's my fault. You think I haven't tried talking?
    Anonymous