High Grade Squamous Intraepithelial Lesion

So I went to the doctor for my 6 week post partum check-up and they did the usual pap smear. My dr called me the next week and said my pap came back abnormal and said it was a low grade squamous intraepithelial lesion. So he wanted to do a colposcopy to see if there was anything that needed to be biopsied. There was and he took samples and ran the tests. It came back as a high grade s.i.l.which means they are precancerous cells. He said that I had two options-to freeze and remove the area from my cervix or do a different procedure that he recommended and had a higher success rate. So I opted for that. He said it was called a cone biopsy d&c. I am going out of state for 3 months and have to wait until I come back to have it done. Has anyone else ever had H.G.S.I.L? and I was wondering if anyone else has ever had this procedure done and did everything get removed successfully?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:46 PM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'm sorry for your diagnosis and your upcoming procedure. I wish you well and a speedy recovery.
    I've never had it, nor have had the procedure.
    {{{HUGS}}}
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:13 AM on Jul. 2, 2009