• In the Spotlight:

You can't UN-burn a CD, can you?

Like a blank CD that you burned songs onto from your computer...there's no way to remove them and put on new ones is there?

I'm almost 99% sure there isn't but I really want to make a CD and too broke to buy new ones so I'm hoping someone has a genius answer that I've never heard of, haha.

aurorabunny

Asked by aurorabunny at 10:47 PM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I dont think so.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 10:49 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• You can, to a Rewritable CD. Take a look at the label on your cds. Most (the cheapest cds) are just "writable", meaning one time use. But there are some that are the rewritables (more expensive), and you can burn over what's already on there. Hope that helps (and doesn't confuse you)!
    Jeangenie

Answer by Jeangenie at 10:52 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Provided your computer has the capabilities, and you have a CD+RW, then you actually can. As Jeangenie said, that means it is rewritable. It's like recording over a VHS tape. Some sort of thing.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 10:55 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• It has to say CD RW meaning Compact Disc Re Writable. :]
    KareemsMami

Answer by KareemsMami at 11:13 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I don't think you can because I have accidentally put a burned one in and it popped it back out and said "Please put in a blank disc"
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 11:18 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Only if you used a rewrtiable CD.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:30 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Yup, CD+R = no, CD+RW = yes.
    Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 12:18 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• If it's an RW you can empty the files and throw out the trash, or right click and select "format disc." If it's a CD-R you can use sandpaper (just kidding, but you're smart enough to know that).
    jellyphish

Answer by jellyphish at 12:26 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Okay they just say CD-Recordable....so I'm assuming they're the el cheapos that you can't write over?
    aurorabunny

Answer by aurorabunny at 12:30 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• No! The CD-Rs are MUCH better quality than CD-RWs. The rewriteables wear out rather quickly, especially if you keep using them, (and even if you don't). I always suggest using Rs instead of RWs, even if it means you have to buy a few more discs. The brand is really important too, stick to the name brands.
    jellyphish

Answer by jellyphish at 12:38 AM on Jul. 2, 2009