potty training!

Ok so i have been starting to train my daughter a week before her 1st b-day. I let her sit until she wants to get up and thats it, i'm not really pushing it. If she plays with her chair we put her on it and she normally goes. But i am going to start trying "hardcore" in the next couple weeks. She is 14 months, and we are trying for another baby and cant have two in diapers if i can help it! LOL But they dont sell training pants in her size! does anyone know where i can get them? I know that it can be done because i was trained by 16 months and so were my 4 other siblings. plus i watch a little girl that we have been training since OCT! and she will not go in the potty for me and we think its cuz my daughter is still in diapers. so do you know where i can get them? i have looked at walmart and target. Thanks!

babymaddy

Asked by babymaddy at 10:50 PM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• well she is only 14 months so she doesnt know pretty yet, and they dont sell them in her size
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 8:20 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• When I started potty training my ds, all of the training pants were way too big for him. I had to safety pin them to get them to stay up. I only have boys. I don't know how girls handle potty training. I have learned that my boys didn't want to use the potty chair. I made them sit on the chair every single time I took care of my business. Sometimes, you have to force them to sit there. Each time I sat them down, I made them sit a little longer until they could sit there as long as I sat on the toilet. Also, they didn't realize that that funny feeling they had while wearing a diaper meant that they had to go to the bathroom. I had to let them run around naked below the waist for a few months before they finally caught on. The only way for them to realize it was for them to see & feel it has it left their body. Next step was trying to get them to use the potty before they peed on the floor, etc. Good luck.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 4:13 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Get her a pack of pretty panties and let her wear them. If she's anything like my daughter, she won't want to get them wet.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 7:06 AM on Jul. 2, 2009