I'm worried, my son's fang teeth

seem like they're all the way through and they've looked like that for a while, but they're not down or noticeable until you pull up his lip. I brought it up to the pediatrician but was so surprised that once she pulled up his lip that his two front teeth were swollen and red and about to come in that I didn't make sure she noticed the fangs.

Is this bad? Is it possible that they just LOOK like they're through and will pop out of the bottom of the gum soon? What if they have came through and not dropped down? Sorry, I'm a worrier haha.

ours

Asked by ours at 11:00 PM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Babies' teeth grow in differently for every child. That seems really normal to me. My daughter's first teeth looked like little dashes inside her mouth for months. Now she has all her teeth BUT her fangs! She even got her first molars and still no fangs!

At any rate, I'm sure he's fine :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:11 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Thanks. Poor guy is getting six teeth in right now all at once! At least he's getting it out of the way and maybe he'll get a little break afterwards.
    ours

Answer by ours at 11:16 PM on Jul. 1, 2009