Ladies who have unfortunatley had a miscarraige

how long is the recommended time after passing just an egg? I had a blighted ovum and didn't know until I started bleeding at 12 weeks. I want to get on the pill and then try and get pregnant right after.

ours

Asked by ours at 11:30 PM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I had a D&C done last April due to a missed miscarriage. The dr told me we could start trying again after I stopped bleading(which was like 2 weeks after my D&C), so we "tried without trying"-just didn't use protection pretty much, and I ended up getting pregnant 2 months later and had a healthy baby girl 3 months ago =)
    MadisonsMom0408

Answer by MadisonsMom0408 at 11:37 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Why are you going to get on the pill if you want to be pregnant?
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:41 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• OH! My bad, I guess to prevent pregnancy while you let your body heal! DUH!

Most doctors recommend 3-6 months for any type of pregnancy loss, more if you were further along (late 2nd or 3rd trimester). I just had an ectopic and am trying to wait at least 2 cycles. If you go on the pill you will need to wait an additional 3 months after you stop taking it for your body to be back to normal, for your vitimin B stores to be replenished (BCP's strip your body of this nutrient) and for your body to build up a healthy endometrium for the baby to implant in.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:43 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I don't want to get pregnant too soon and have to go through another miscarriage. I'm not sure how long I'm supposed to wait, but I do know that it doesn't take me long to get pregnant, so once I get off the pill it shouldn't be too long.
    ours

Answer by ours at 11:44 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• Oh wow I didn't know that about the pill! Maybe I'll just stick with condoms then even though I hate them lol.
    ours

Answer by ours at 11:45 PM on Jul. 1, 2009

• I think you should let your body heal before you decide to get pregnant again. If you want, I heard a fertility enhancing pill called FertilAid. Go to www.fertilaid.com
    demelina56

Answer by demelina56 at 12:02 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• After my miscarriages I was told to wait 6-10 months, but I could also get pregnant again right away because my body was already primed. It depends on your feelings and whether or not you had a natural miscarry, or d/c. Good luck in whatever you choose.
    etsmom

Answer by etsmom at 12:26 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I had a natural miscarriage. 6 months really? I don't know if I can make it that long, but if it's for the best.
    ours

Answer by ours at 12:40 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• My doctors told me 2-4 months after i miscarried. I was 9 weeks 9days
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:19 AM on Jul. 2, 2009