What are the syptoms of ADHD in adults?

My SO goes through those phases of hyperactivity. His attention span can be extremely short. His patience is extremely short. He has gone off several times in violent outbursts. Afterwards, he acknowledges his behavior and shows remorse, but says it is difficult to contain. Oftentimes he will attack one task and move on to the next, and try to move on to yet another one... and get frustrated and angry. I do not know how to help him. Living with him for four years has been tough. Now we have a little boy as well. I'd like to help him with whatever is troubling him. I suspect he has ADHD and learning disablity... could someone tell me what the symptons are in adult adhd?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:31 PM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Health

• Thom Hartmann has written extensively on adult ADD/ADHD, especially about how to use it as an advantage in your life; you should be able to find his books art your local library, there is lots of information at his website: http://www.thomhartmann.com/category/thom/adhd-education/

Answer by rkoloms at 11:43 AM on Jul. 2, 2009