ok 2 yr old and cup weaning

ok so after a very long attatchment to his sippy cup i have finally seperated my 2 yr old son from his beloved cup. its been 48 hours and everything so far (knock on wood) is going great but my worry now is, is he getting enough fluids? i keep wondering if hes going to get dehydrated now that he doesnt have all day access to fluids in his cup- how do i know if he is becoming dehydrated? and how do you keep your toddler from getting dehydrated? Do they let you know that they are thirsty or do you just offer water and juice and milk through out the day at certain times? help! lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:39 PM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Well thats hard to answer in a way i still let my son have a sippy but he doesn't constantly have it with drink in it he drinks it and puts it down when he is done but lets me know when he wants more. I believe your son will let you know in his own way if he is thirsty. hope it helped some. sorry not that good at advice.
    littleboys2008

Answer by littleboys2008 at 1:16 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• My son is 3 and still uses a sippy but he doesnt carry it around all day. When hes thirsty, he asks for juice or whatever. I also have one of those disney store cups with the lid and the straws. He loves that, but we make him keep it on the table and come back to it as he wants. No drinks allowed in my living room. My son would spill anything that doesnt have a lid.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:05 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• my son is 2 & still has his sippy, but he doesnt carry it around all day...he just lets me know when he wants juice or milk.
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 11:15 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• My son is 3 yrs old and he still drinks from a sippy cup. He also drinks from a regular cup and he drink from a straw. I actually perfer to give him juice in his sippy cup because its less of a mess.
    Ash0525

Answer by Ash0525 at 11:24 AM on Jul. 2, 2009