I need an opinion on this question...

Im 22 years old. My boyfriend and I are trying to concieve. My periods are irregular, I get it twice a month and they last about 10 to 15 days at a time. My doctor wants to prescribe me clomid, but I don't want to go through the bad side effects. If any of the cafemom mothers have tried clomid, please tell me about it and what side effects did you go through.

demelina56

Asked by demelina56 at 11:56 PM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I was on it and didn't have any side effects.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 12:10 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Allaboutkeeley, thanks for your answer. I went online and I was looking at the side effects, that is why I asked, it kinda scared me.
    demelina56

Answer by demelina56 at 12:13 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• The biggest side-effect health wise is the enlarged ovary from hyperstimulation. Your doctor will probably recommend a monthly appointment to detect any problems. The biggest practical side-effect is moodiness-- it's kinda like PMS on steroids.

I didn't have any side-effects from clomid, but it didn't work for me, either. I ended up getting pregnant on my own after I had given up on fertility treatments.

Has your doctor addressed why you bleed so long and so frequently? Are you on iron supplements?

Take care!
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 12:32 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I'm taking it right now and the only thing I get are headaches, hot flashes, and mood swings BAD. Everyone is different tho and if it works, it's worth it. Actually, now that I thought about it, I need to go take my last pill for the month!
    tykesmommy

Answer by tykesmommy at 9:14 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I was on it and I remember having blurry vision, in fact my Rx had changed dramatically. I did not get pregnant then, but I develop fibroids, (google if you don't know about) anyway, I had to get a myomectomy, then wait 1 year to sucessfully get pregnant again. After that I had another child 1.5 years apart.
    calatres

Answer by calatres at 12:15 PM on Jul. 2, 2009