Should we leave, or fight?

http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1490091/How_can_people_be_so_heartless
I realize the link dont work just put it in ur browser..i dont know how to make it work
Grandma came over today, yelled at m and disrespected me in front of my kids, not understanding how ever many times I told her, I'm just protecting my family, and that her being a mother should understand where I'm coming from..I even apologized even though there's no reason to do so. She believes she's right and while she can't kick us out we are still seeking legal advice, to see if it might be worth staying, and so far it's not looking good, just more aggravation. Maybe it's a pride thing, I've contemplated that but I don't think that's it, I just want them to get what they deserve, and it's not the satisfaction of winning. They have been hurting people for years, it's time someone brought them down, and it really sucks to move, I despise it. Continued...

mumma28

Asked by mumma28 at 11:59 PM on Jul. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• My son mde friends here... he likes it here, there's a big yard to play in, him and my daughter have the coolest playroom ever, we like to sit on the front porch together. I know there's other front porches, and big yards and friends, but we got comfortable, we just got to know my son's friend's parents. It's the perfect neighborhood for him and mamie when she gets older. It's not fair, everything good in my life gets taken away unfairly. Everyone made sure they made me miserable at my wedding, now my anniversary was ruined. I love my husband and we are sticking together thru this, but both of us have had our own bad luck (there's no other kind) and now we can be miserable together... Is this a test to see if we can stay together ..better or worse.. or am I destined for a shitty life. All I can say is Heaven better be a dream cuz life's a nightmare!
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 12:06 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• You know, you put in a little TOO MUCH detail in your journal post...there was a lot of stuff that wasn't relevant to the bare bones of the matter.

Here are the relevant facts. You have a lease. You have no agreement for the roof, but as landlord grandma has a legal responsibility to make sure the home is safely habitable.

You could report her to code enforcement if you want. As far as staying in the home, legally you're golden and she is up a creek.

But emotionally? I'd shake the dust off my shoes and NEVER look back. You and your husband and child are your family, you have no one else.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:28 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• yea but we have no place to go either, which means we'd have to bounce around and that's not easier, in my opinion, to keep packing up and leaving, changing addresses, starting over, and none of that helps us save any money, to eventually get our own place. It's not like anyone would give us a place with our credit in the toilet. I dunno..I wish this whole thing never happened, at least we wouldn't get our hopes up.
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 10:50 PM on Jul. 2, 2009