Anyone know anything about high resistance placenta?

Hi, I'm about a month away from my due date and there have been a few complications. Namely, the cord blood doppler shows that the placenta is high-resistance, meaning blood is having some trouble going from cord to placenta. Baby does not seem to be suffering at all, in fact he is always fantastic on monitors, but I am going in for ultrasounds twice per week now. At the last ultrasound, I was told it looks worse and early delivery was mentioned. Anyone know anything more about this? I tried doing some research, but medical journals usually only mention it as a result of another problem, not in and of itself. So I'm kind of at a loss. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated! Thank you

FilteredThought

Asked by FilteredThought at 12:02 AM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No answers yet