BIRTHDAY GIFT FOR ONE YEAR OLD

I AM TRYING TO DECIDE WHAT TO GET MY 1YR OLD FOR HIS BIRTHDAY. ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS THAT DONT INCLUDE CLOTHES OR TOYS.

devin9806

Asked by devin9806 at 1:05 AM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• books, movies, coloring supplies, sidewalk chalk. but its kind of hard to shop for a 1 yr old w/o getting clothes or toys..unless you want to get him a savings bond, open a savings account or something along those lines as a bday gift, or i bought bottles of expensive wine that was made the year my kids were born, it'll be part of their wedding gifts when they get married. you could do something like that?
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 1:10 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• My Daughter just turned 1 and we got her big wooden puzzles with little wooden tabs that are easy for her to put in place. She loves them and will tip them over and do them again and again. I know you said no toys but my friend got her a ride on toy that she can push or has a handle that comes out for us to push and we take her on walks in it and she loves it way better that her stroller because she doesn't feel confined and can see on all sides.

mommymine3

Answer by mommymine3 at 1:19 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• My daughter got one of the those foam pull-out couches from walmart and loves it. They come in a variety of cartoon characters, hers is disney princess but I think they have like spongebob and spiderman or other boy themed ones. They are only like $30 or $35.
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 1:27 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• We are getting my son a toy box and some books
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 1:52 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• a small swimming pool is great this time of year. our little guy loved his bubble machine. Also we bought him a bookshelf to put his toys on. The everyday ones go at the bottom( he loves being able to reach them himself) and the special ones go on top where he cant get to them. out of all of his presents though he mostly just liked the wrapping paper. lol!
    dolphinstar79

Answer by dolphinstar79 at 4:03 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Honestly, I would suggest puzzles or some other interactive learning. Out of all the one year olds I have known interactive learning were seriously the best gift. If you have the space for it, you could get an child pool.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:32 PM on Jul. 2, 2009