Ok, so I asked the MRSA question, and now I have another one. When would it be okay to finally be around them? They are my kids Grandparents, and we haven't seen them for more than half an year.

My kids are missing them :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Health

• Where are the infections? If they are kept covered and you do a lot of handwashing you may be ok. We had to keep my kids away from my dad, but his was carried by sputum and he always coughed.
    I hate to break it to everyone but anyone who goes to a hospital has been exposed to MRSA. That is where it comes from.
    Just BE CAREFUL. If your kids put stuff in thier mouths, I wouldn't go. Seriously.
    And you may not be able to go for a LONG time. Depends if they are carriers and if it is responding to treatment. Get a doctors opinion. They may have some preventative medicine.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 1:37 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Thank you SusieD250. I am going to ask their doctor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:40 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• My son had MRSA a year and a half ago and was hospitalized for 2 weeks and was on IV antibiotics for 7 weeks. I was even 12 weeks pregnant when he was admitted to the hospital. If you have open wounds, scabs, etc I would make sure to keep those covered. Wash your hands diligently, don't put your hand in your mouth, etc. and you should be just fine. While MRSA is VERY concerning, as long as you do those things, you should be able to visit. My son almost died from MRSA and it didn't stop my family from coming around, we were there around the clock, and we are all just fine.
    flounder92

Answer by flounder92 at 9:15 AM on Jul. 2, 2009