Leaky Breasts

Today when I got out of the shower my breasts were leaking this thin yellowish liquid. I'll be 28 weeks this wednesday. I know it's normal much later in the pregnancy, but is it normal now?

ArmyM0mmy2Be

Asked by ArmyM0mmy2Be at 1:23 AM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• every one is diff, so it just means you've started producing colostrum now instead of later. it won't be heavy, probably won't even go through a bra.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 1:24 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Yes. I'm 24 weeks and I've seen it. It'll come out if you squeeze your nipples just right, but leave them alone because baby needs all of the colostrum we've got storing up. The more you squeeze, the less potent it can become.
    momma_shuler

Answer by momma_shuler at 3:37 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Same thing happened to me when I was pregnant with my daughter and it was around the same time. If it gets to leaking to much you can cut a panty liner in half and put half in each side of your bra (thats an inexpensive fix lol)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:38 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• yea its normal doesnt mean ur gonna have ur baby right now, ur body is just getting extra prepared lol. everyone really developes it around that stage but doesnt really become noticable until later but as the others have said everyones different. maybe it has to do with the size? im pretty big lol, so i havent gotten leaky, i havent gotten leaky until after when i got the milk and i was engorged. Uh i remember the pain. but its fine ur ok.
    MamaStrawBerry1

Answer by MamaStrawBerry1 at 11:05 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• yes, it's normal. I leaked at 21wks with my son, and he's my first. Every woman is different, but it sounds normal!
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 11:26 AM on Jul. 2, 2009