How long does it take for a regular blood pregnancy test to show you are pregnant?

I have had "every other week" periods for 1 1/2 years, like clock work every other Sunday, and am now almost 4 weeks late. Up until last week I have taken 3 home tests, all negative, and a blood test at my dr office last week, also negative. I am having a lot of symptoms like nausea, slight cramps, tender breasts , etc. I don't know if I should try another blood test or should stick with my negative answers. Maybe I wasn't far enough along for it to show since I menstrate every other week instead of monthly. If I had a "regular" period, I would just now be getting ready to start my period.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:40 AM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You might be just to early or you may not be pregnant! Blood test can be negative I didn't think they could until I did some research on it and there are quite of bit of women that have had negative blood and home test their entire pregnancy! I would wait and see if you start your period and wait a couple of weeks before you take another test!

SD777

Answer by SD777 at 1:46 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• My friend has all neg home & preg tests. U/s just showed she is 12wks along. Request an ultrasound.
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 3:14 AM on Jul. 2, 2009