THOUGHTS OF A TEENAGER?

MY 16 YEAR OLD ASKED ME THIS AND I WANT YOU ALL TO GIVE ME YOUR OPINION NO BASHING JUST OPINIONS SHE ASKED THAT WAT WAS MY OPINION ON ABORTION I SAID IT IS WRONG SHE THEN ASKED WAT IF YOU WERE RAPED I SAID NO ADOPTION IS AN OPTION ABORTION IS KILLING AN INOCENT CHILD THAT HAS NO FAULT SO THEN I TOLD HER IF YOU ARE OLD ENOUGH TO HAVE SEX THEN BE RESPONSIBLE DONT ABORT THAT IS A CONCECUENCE OF NOT HAVING SAFE SEX AND THAT IF YOUR LIFE WAS AT RISK MAYBE IT CAN BE AN OPTION BUT NOTHING ELSE WAT DO YOU LADIES THINK OF MY CHAT WITH MY TEEN GIRL

FIVEHAPPYHEARTS

Asked by FIVEHAPPYHEARTS at 1:55 AM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• I think it was a good convo to have.

I'm pro-choice, but to an extent. I also believe that if you're having sex, you should accept the consequences. However, as a result of rape.....that alot to ask of someone, especially if its a teenage girl, to go through an entire pregnancy when it was produced by such an act of violation and violence. It takes a strong woman to do that and i couldnt look down on someone for getting an abortion in that situation. Yes, it would be great if they could go through with it and give the child to a loving home, but if they couldnt handle it.......

It shouldt be used as a form of birth control. If there was a way to make it confidential but allow the doctor to view how many times they've had an abortion, i think there might be a drop. How big i dont know.

Just my opinion.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:01 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I agree with you! I don't see how teaching her to value life, innocent life, is a bad thing.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 2:02 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• If the child is innocent of the rape and therefore doesn't excuse the abortion, (which I agree with btw) then why adoption? Why couldn't she raise the innocent child herself. Would you really want your grandchild to be raised in an adoptive family rather than your own? Do you think you would be prejudiced about your grandchild because his father was a rapist? ergo, do you really think the child is innocent?
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 2:03 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• That in rape victims cases abortion should be an option. The sex is not consenting on one persons part. Most rape victims dont get asked "should we use a condom." Also are you sure your daughters not trying to tell you something? What if shes been raped? I hope thats not the case.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:03 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I hope thats not the case as well, but is there any reason she brought this up? Was it something she talked about with friends just in conversation, or something more serious.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:05 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Mght not even be her, but possibly a friend of hers?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:06 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I agree with you
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 2:16 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I Would sit back down and talk to her because if it is her that was rapped than you need to report it! She also may be scared to death to if it was her that was rapped but you need to let her know that she can tell you anything and being rapped is uncalled for and if the person did rape her or a friend than he needs to be caught so he wont do it agen! Most rapest will tell you dont tell anybody or I will kill you so if that is the case than you really need to get it out of her ! If she is pregnant to rape honestly I dont know what I would do because I do not believe in abortion but might consider it. She needs to know that you are going to protect her no matter what! I was rapped at 14 and did eventually tell a month later but do to my parents stupidity ( I was told I deserved it) nothing happened! Now that I have 5 DDs I have learned that I must make it known that they can talk to me at any time!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:29 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Don't let this go she is trying to tell you something. Talk to her she really needs you. Alot of teenagers have the pregnancy talk with their mom but with her asking you about rape something is definitely going on.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:32 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Not the conversation I would've had but if those are you beliefs stick by them. But she may be trying to tell you something. And if you do find yourself with a pregnant teen who has her heart set on an abortion please listen to her. My step-dad lost his sister because his dad refused to let her get an abortion and she got a back alley one and died from it. My step-dad thought that is what happened to me when I had my first miscarriage and treated so nicely because he feared I was going to die.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 11:18 AM on Jul. 2, 2009