caesar salad=happy fetus?

Alright. Since I've been prego I've been skimping a bit on the whole "vegetable" thing. But every once in awhile I'll get a hankering for a good caesar salad. The first time I enjoyed one, at about 21 weeks pregnant, my little girl went CRAZY!!! Now, I was enjoying that salad with chicken marsala...so I immediatly assumed it was either the very strong taste of the main course, or the actual wine in it that she was responding to.
But last night I had myself a big old caesar salad with chicken....mmmm. And she would not stop wiggling the whole time I ate it! She actually seemed to be the most active she's ever been while I was eating the salad. And then, when I was done she slowed down.
Any explainations for this? Is/was there a specific food that you noticed made your baby in the womb swoon? What was it? I want to try! And if you're prego now...eat some caesar salad and let me know if it does the trick for your wee one!

momma_shuler

Asked by momma_shuler at 1:59 AM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• oh and my daughter loved pinnapple went nuts also she loved subway sandwichs lol i got the coldcut combo with lettice black olive oil mayo bell pepper (green) and purple onion
    also she love this bbq chicken pizza they sell at vons lol
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:57 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Be careful with caesar bc it has raw egg in the dressing! No salmonella for you! :) Whenever I ate anything cold mine would flip out...ice cream, cold drinks...It was fun. I definitely skipped on the veggie thing too in the beginning...Chocolate is so much better...and pizza :)
    Lauren24

Answer by Lauren24 at 2:10 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I was going to mention that caesar salad may not the best choice - but man that was something I craved when pregnant and the first place we went to eat after she was born was someplace with a rockin chicken caesar salad! LOL

Congrats on your lil one!
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 2:27 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I'm a firm believer in, "if you crave it, your body needs it!". I'd eat sushi if for some reason I was craving it prego...
    Never been sick from all of my years of caesar salad and cookie dough eating, I trust God will protect my baby and I from any salmonella outbreaks, if I can avoid them for 20 years....I can avoid them for 20 weeks no problem! :-) Thanks for your concerns though.
    momma_shuler

Answer by momma_shuler at 2:48 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• i agree with you
    i dotn buy in to the hyoe of the nowadays oh dont eat this its bad for you bull
    if i craved it i ate it and have 2 health beautiful babies

she was just probbly sayin momma send down some more of that lol
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:55 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• A lot of Caesar dressing at restraurants doesnt have the raw egg in it, so its probably okay. just ask when you go to order it. Restaurants are obligated to answer those questions.
    ArmyWife9-2-08

Answer by ArmyWife9-2-08 at 9:59 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• As far as the restaurants knowing you can ask them but a lot of the servers don't know because they aren't made in the restaurant. I work in one and I honestly couldn't tell you what is in any of the dressings we have unless i go in the back and get the tub it comes out of. I wouldn't worry to much about getting salmenella(sp?) most dressings don't use raw eggs for that reason.

Mine gets a bit jumpy whenever i eat first thing out of bed, which is usually cereal with some sugar added to it... other wise it's just blan and i can't stomach it lol
    Jessie1689

Answer by Jessie1689 at 2:39 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Everything is better with sugar on top....:)
    momma_shuler

Answer by momma_shuler at 11:58 AM on Jul. 3, 2009