Tell me if I did the right thing, my son and niece were in a talking mood a couple of hours ago and they eagarly wanted to confide something in me.

There is a 17 year old that likes to hang out with them and he is also a volunteer basketball coach. I always make it a point to talk to friends my son hangs out with. He has always been respecful and very nice to my son. The other day I noticed my son had a frickin' bite mark on his side and it turned out to be the boys dog. Son didn't tell me anything because he said that "Tony" begged him not to tell me and he would give him a bouncer for free on his b-day. (his family rents those bouncers). Tonight they decide to tell me that after Alex got bitten and I called him in my neice and step neice decided to walk this "boy" home and then ended up going in to see his room. He took my step-nieces hands and put them behind her back and led them into his room where he attempted to grab her boob but she squirmed. They say she was visibly upset and said she "felt molested" but made them promise not to tell. Well my niece .....

Gigi1969

Asked by Gigi1969 at 2:20 AM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Has someone talked to that boy's parents? Do they have a clue what is going on with their son? Something like this happened to me & my sisters. It went much farther than just touching. He raped us. He was old enough to know what he was doing. We were too young & innocent. My parents were modest & didn't talk to us about what sex was until years later. That boy was pressuring your neices into something that they weren't ready for. What other girls has he been doing this too?
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 3:39 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• told Alex and he came straight to me wth her and confided this to me. I encouraged my niece to tell her step-sisters mom and she said she would. Should I have just gone straight to my brother GF? I mean she is really good at blaming other ppl for what happens to her and her own. I felt like I was covering my butt by letting my neice go and tell her. I have to say that the day after this happened my son advised her to stop showing her body so much and that is why that happened and my step-niece was like "I'm over that"
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 2:24 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Um call the police on the little pervert! Or kick his ass.
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 2:26 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• It sounds like she likes to play victim. ...idk. hard call.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:26 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I would bring it up with her mother just in case the kid decided not too. She may have been frightened of what the mother would say.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:27 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Yes you did the right thing. The only thing I would add would be give her a time limit on how long you will wait for her to talk to her mom. That way she will follow through. That is a horrible experience for all of you. Also, this kid being a coach raises red flags....

Gigi, I was sitting here waiting for your second post thinking....of course she did the right thing, it is Gigi. From my experience of your posts, you are a great mom and a very clear thinker. Good job with this.
    Anonymous

• you did the right thing, i would also wait a day or 2 then cal your brothers girlfriend and ask her if her daughter told her if she says nothen you need to be told, and as for the 17 year old pervert he would be in trouble
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 2:31 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• How old is your son and neices again
    Supervane

Answer by Supervane at 2:36 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• oh anon:27 I did tell my niece that she had 2 days but ny niece seemed like she was"all over it". I also gave them the lecture of how we need to tell someone and although I ampissed I am proud that they told me.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 2:38 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Supervane my son is 10 and came home before this happened, my neice who told me is 11 and my step-neice is 12 and well, very boy crazy and loves to show her body off. I think because I work at the local elemntary school and there are several students that live on my street I am just programmed to be all in their business. Sometimes this causes the kids to trust me more....except my son hiding the damn dogbite!
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 2:41 AM on Jul. 2, 2009