I want take my 3 month old to the lake.

My friend has kids there 2 years and the other one is 16 months. My child is 3 months old and I want to take him as well. I've got sunscreen and a pin wheel fan that will attach to something for him. I want to know is there a life vest or something that i can take him in the water? They have a beach area to play and everything for the bigger kids. Do they make sunglasses that little to buy him a pair and where can i get them? I don't want to take him in the water without a life vest and there are no floating toys allowed. I don't know what to do I don't know if he would even like the water. He is 3 months wearing 6-9 mo onsies and 12 mo jammies. He's 16-17 lbs and can hold his head up very well and can roll over if that makes a diffrence. If not the lake what about a pool, some imput here would be greatly appreciated. Mommy needs some sun and fun and wants baby to come to.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:31 AM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• wal-mart has infant lifejackets
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 2:36 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• http://www.safelifejackets.com/category/kids-life-vest.html?gclid=CIqi9eSztpsCFRd75QodpwXU_w

Heres a site that sells infant life jackets. And make sure you watch him at all times.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:36 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Its ok to take baby to the pool and the lake and they do make those sunglasses and you can find them at walmart and at target! and your best bet would b lots o sunscreen for babies and buy him a hat!!! and keep his shirt on hes cute and you wanna show off those rolls but he dont need the sun exposure!! and i dont think they make life jackets that small but just dont go in water that you cant touch and dont keep him in it to long! And if your going to the lake take a play pin so you can lay him in there for his naps and if theres someone that can sit with him while you get a little water time! HAVE FUN!!!
    Perdy

Answer by Perdy at 2:38 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Well he is only 3mths he doesnt need a vest. U will b with him. Sunglasses @ family dollar id get a visor like hat to check walmart.
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 2:38 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Go to a sporting goods store, I have seen life vests for infants before and I would just get a pair of child's sunglasses.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 2:38 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• they make life jackets that small, we go boating a lot so I picked one up at walmart a while back for like 13 bucks for my boy
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 2:40 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Actually, it is too young for him to be in the water. I am a huge fan of camping and going to the lakes, but babies immune system and their skin is just too fragile. Sunburn, sand burn (Sand exfoliates the skin and makes it raw) and bacteria in the lake are just a few of the dangers. Most lakes that are smaller are breeding grounds for salmonella and ecoli.
    If you want to take baby, do so, just keep him out of the water and off the sand for a while longer.
    A blanket and some toys would be much more comfortable for him. He is too young to sit in the bathtub, so is too young for a pool. You want the baby to be able to sit up on their own to lift the head from the water if they fall over. Either way, you being right there is KEY. You should be able to find sunglasses, try babies r us.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:41 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I LOVE the lake and my children and I grew up on the lake. It's never to young to bring your baby to the lake. I don't know what anon :41 is talking about. Soap, shampoo and city life is unnatural. A lake is all natural and is far more safe for a 3 month old than the unnatural enviroment we live in today. I don't think you need a life jacket, though. It's not like you will be bringing your baby in deep water, just on the shore and you should be holding him the whole time. A lot of beaches where I live do not allow life vests or floatation devices as parents are less likely to carefully watch their children. Just get some sunblock. I'm sure you're baby will love it. Have fun!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:47 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• So what are you going to do when baby gets sandy? It doesn't wash off as easily as you think, and you can't brush it off or it makes thier skin raw. I would not take an infant at three months to the lake. I have several kids and we live at the ocean during the summer so I am experienced with sand and water. Yes, take baby. NO don't let baby into the water unless you are SURE it isn't contaminated. (Is your baby's life worth the risk?)
    The poster above may have a larger lake with currents running through that keeps the water cleaner. I don't know. Our lakes are small and have been repeatedly closed due to contamination. (Why we go to the ocean.) Look up your parks district or lake on your state's health page. It can tell you the status of the water.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:54 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Anon :54 that may be true. We go to the boundary waters and very large lakes in MN. No contamination here:) At least, I've never seen a lake being closed due to contamination. There are lakes where a person would not swim, but not the lakes we go to.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:12 AM on Jul. 2, 2009