I have a feisty 4-yr. old girl and am looking for a good sitter. About how much do you pay your pre-schooler's sitter, and what age do you think works best to watch this high energy age group?

BuddhaMom007

Asked by BuddhaMom007 at 12:35 AM on Jun. 22, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• You'll need a teenager. I'd say someone who's 14 or 15 and check what their grades are like that will give you a little bit of a clue if they are at all responsible. With that age group I would say if it's an all day thing 2.50 an hour but if it's just for a couple hours so you can go out of a date or something then just a set amount like 15 or 20 dollars. Although the person you decide on may already have established rates.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 1:37 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• I would start at age 17 on up. to much stuff can happen in the hands of a younger teen. 17 is just about to graduate and have a little bit more responsibilty under there belt providing their background stats. I started when i was 16/17. I would let whome ever know she high energy so they have to keep the activities flowing, lol... If your doing a date night for about 4-5 hours i'd say about 30-40 bucks. if it's an all day thing then i would do 25-30 a day. i say that b/c you have to look at the going rate of daycare and just b/c they are a teen or a young adult does not mean that there time is not as precious as the next. NO they may not be certified BUT they are doing the same job just with a better rate. You want them to have the resposibility of an adult youhave to pay them as such too! A happy worker makes for a even happier child! I know is my area for a 4 year old all day is 140 a week and that's not including food. But that's just my lil 2cents! i hope it helps a little!
    Mommy2life

Answer by Mommy2life at 10:04 AM on Jun. 22, 2008