How the heck can I tell MIL to BUZZ OFF? Please any ideas will really help get this monster in check.

Ok everytime we go over to her house she gives DS cookies and cup cakes before dinner. I always tell her no! But she does it anyway. Then when DS does't eat his dinner I tell him no treats and he has to go to bed when we get home. So MIL cries and plays the " victim card " and says oh its all my fault. Well today we ate before we went over and DS ran and grabed chips and pizza crust off her plate. I told him to stop that is rude. She said leave the boy alone. HELLO IM THE MOM I JUST SAID NO! She goes against everything I say. And the only thing is she will do it when DH is outside or in the other room. How can I tell her IM THE PARENT NOT HER?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:42 AM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Explain to her if she want you to visit shell have to follow your rules. Tell her you are his mother not her and if its a problem she won't be seeing very much of him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:45 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Tell her I have rules for my son and one of those is no treats before dinner and that's how it's going to be
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 2:49 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• No MIL here but my mom does that. She even does it at the store and buys him things that I don't want her to buy him. She says, oh, let me have this joy! I'm like "Mom where was your joy when I wanted a toy"!
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 2:56 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Do you ever compare your MIL to Marie from "Everybody Loves Raymond"? My MIL reminds me of Marie, even dh thinks so. I can tell her one thing & she will do what she wants whether agree w/it or not. Frustrating. My dh & I have told her not to buy or do something & she does it any way. She just does not get it. I finally told her that I would be donating that toy she is wanting to buy my ds. My ds has too many toys. As for the junk food situation, I followed my ds around & took all food away that I did not want him to have. I even had my dh take care of ds because he felt the same way. As for the taking food from someone else & Grandma telling you that it is okay, I had to explain to MIL that I was trying to teach ds good manners.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 3:30 AM on Jul. 2, 2009