This may sound paranoid but, I know I have a lot of moms that don't like me and...

I am wondering why I am getting all of these invites from moms I have never seen in here and they are usually "new moms". Where did they find me to be interested in me. I got an invite from someone who put the usual request "Looks like we have a lot in common" and when I go check out their page we have nothing in common or they only have 20 views. I am not trying to start drama but I wonder why they invite me. My page is nothing special. It is quite ugly,lol. Should I just accept?

Gigi1969

Asked by Gigi1969 at 2:54 AM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Hey, there's one of the people that don't like you! lol

I think it's interesting that anon :05 wouldn't confide in anyone she met online. I'm a military spouse, and just moved across the country 7 months, most of the girls that I'm friends with here, I met on cafemom. We now go to a playgroup once a week, and spend a lot of time together. Is that not the kind of situation she meant?

I personally only friend people that I actually intend to meet in real life, or people that I communicate with very frequently. I'd just ignore the random invites.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 3:18 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I have been getting these too. They are people who sell stuff. Candles ect.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 2:56 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Maybe they see you and what you post on here and think your alot like them. Or at least thats my guess.
    penguinqueengi

Answer by penguinqueengi at 2:56 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• ive gotten a couple of those too...but yet ive never seen them before, or chatted with them since..lol..weird people!!!!!!!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 2:56 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Oh and seriously people don't like you?
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 2:57 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• LOL! I have had that same dilemma... not here, but on myspace and facebook. When I first started my MySpace, I had SO many requests and I accepted them all. Then one day I cleared almost ALL of them out. It felt weird having so many "friends" that I didn't know and never would "know"

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 2:58 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• No one trying to sell me anything, just moms I have never ever seen here before. If they did read something they thought was interesting....why not mention that? I mean all of you ladies have far more interesting lives then I do. lol, You know, husbands, more then one kid etc.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 3:04 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I personally wouldn't accept anybody that I didn't know personally. I have personal information on my page and personal pictures and I like to know who is viewing them. I also take internet relationships with a grain of salt. I would NEVER confide in somebody that I met online JMO! However, If you feel comfortable accepting them then do so. I'm sure it's just innocent and maybe they do have something in common with you or maybe they are trying to sell something. Who knows....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:05 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Good advice anon :05!
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 3:13 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Sorry, but you sound like you are bragging. A little desperate for attention perhaps?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:13 AM on Jul. 2, 2009