4 months old and a fever..

His fever is 101.3 and he's acting fussier than normal, wait it out or go to the dr. now (it's 12:08am)?

Laureney

Asked by Laureney at 3:08 AM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• As tough as it is, I don't think that temp warrents a call to the doctor. If it goes up to 103 or the baby has more symptoms maybe. But you can always call the on call doctor for help.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:24 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I can't remember up to what age it was that you needed to immediately contact your doctor if your child has a fever. I would simply give the doctor a call, take all the proper meassures until you recieve a call back, to help reduce the fever. Cold wash cloth on the baby's back, warm bath, wrapping the baby up in warm clothing/blankets to help sweat out the fever. (Sweating helps break the fever). I know that my doctor told me for the first few months (again I can't remember up to what age) that it is very important to contact the doctor or go to an urgent care if the child has a fever over 101.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:27 PM on Jul. 2, 2009