She got some shots when she was first born and then when she was about 1 month old. Then I panicked and haven't taken her back to get anymore vaccines. Now she is 1 year old, and I am wondering if she should/could get the vaccines for the real serious diseases. Is it too late?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:10 AM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If you are not going to take the time and energy it takes to research each vaccine and the causes and effects and alternative treatments, risks and weigh them yourself then yes you need to get your child vaccinated. Contact your doctor to get back on schedule.

I just want to say too, this really pisses me off. You are exactly why non vaccinating moms get a bad rap. They think we are as irresponsible as you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:17 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• She needs all her shots to go to school do you know that?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:19 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• No, she doesn't. She could get a waiver. What do you think all non vaccinating moms homeschool?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:22 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• That's very bad parenting skills not giving her the shots she needs (which is ALL of them). Our parents let us get shots and we are all fine. W/E I feel sorry for your child.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:27 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• IMO it's child abuse not vaccinating. JMO!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:29 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Yeah we had like 17 shots total, and these kids get like 22 the first year. If you are choosing not to vax research and find out why so you can back up what you think. If you want her vaxxed talk to her doc and see what can be done.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 3:36 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Ok, my son got all his shots but 3..... he got 31 in all by 1.... the 3 he didnt get were all chixpox and mumps and ect.... For your child to go to pre K + they need a total of 44 shots.... Each state differs with the laws and such but also your child will not be able to do alot of things with out them.... Personally i RESEARCHED EACH AND EVERY SHOT BEFORE MY SON GOT IT... AND THEN HAD TO GO BACK AND GET 2 OF THEM ANYWAYS BECAUSE MY SON COULDNT BE AROUND HIS GRANDPA WHO HAD CANCER WITH OUT HAVING THEM.... MAKE SURE YOU RESEARCH THEM AND HAVE A GOOD REASON FOR NOT GETTING THEM OTHER THAN YOU ARE TO DAMM LAZY TO GET OFF UR ASS AND GET THEM FOR YOUR CHILD. YOU KNOW WITH OUT CERTAIN ONES YOUR CHILD COULD GET VERY ILL AND COULD DIE FROM ALOT OF THINGS... START BEING A PARENT.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:51 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• It's not too late but be sure they don't give her multiple vaccines at once. This can have from a temporary to a permanent adverse affect on the child. You are better off taking her mulitple times than to go once and give her all the vaccines on that one visit.

Also be sure to research before deciding she needs them all. I believe it's better to delay and be sure the child is more developed before they get vaccinated and to pick and choose which. Not all are life threatening anyway.
    GOBryan

Answer by GOBryan at 3:56 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Good grief!! Why would anybody post anything on this forum?? What a bunch of vultures. That's sad. It's like anonymous bullying.
    flutterby6969

Answer by flutterby6969 at 6:05 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• No it's not too late for her to get vaccinated. Lot's of people do delayed vaccinating. I agreee with another poster though that you probably shouldn't go and get them all done at one time. I would just call my pediatrician and tell them that you got panicked about the vaccinating and let him/her guide you.
    Kimposible

Answer by Kimposible at 7:02 AM on Jul. 2, 2009