Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how can i get my baby back?

i got a domestic violence charge how can i get my bay back? my husband has her rite now what can i do?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 3:11 AM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (8)
  • Stop hitting your husband duh!

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:18 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

  • Go to anger mang. classes, get on meds or simple don't hit your hubby.

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:21 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

  • Stop doing stupid things that hurt others. If you got a domestic violence charge and got your child taken from you then sorry dear, I am on the side of the court for this one.
    Go to anger management and parenting classes, seek therapy and learn to not hit. Other wise you will end up hurting everyone.

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:28 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

  • We dont know her case so we cannot judge. But seek out counseling, anger management, and parenting classes because it will show the judge you are trying to change, and also try to keep in contact with your daughter, but do it in a way that is legally responsible (if you have a no contact order then talk to a judge). I hope you can be reunited with your little one.

    Answer by NightOwlMama at 7:48 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

  • Do whatever the court tells you to do to get the child back unless the violence was against the child, then you may be hosed. If your husband doesn't want you back or doesn't want you around the child for fear you may be violent to the child, then the process will take a lot longer. You will have to prove yourself to the court that you can control yourself. That usually takes time, counseling and patience. I'm guessing the court will require you take anger management classes and if you DV is due to a disorder like Bi Polar (for example) you will probably have to show you are on the dr prescribed meds and going to therapy regularly.

    Answer by admckenzie at 10:30 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

  • are you the one whose dh had to fly back from Iraq bc she got mad at him and threw her baby down on the concrete sidewalk damaging her for life? If so, I hope you never get to see her again much less get her back. The court took your baby away for a reason. You don't deserve to have her back.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:39 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

  • I think you should look into anger management, and counseling and of course follow whatever the court dictates you do.

    Answer by MizLee at 1:41 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

  • Grow up and don't hit people, we learned that in like preschool. Damn I hate selfish people. Put your damn kids first! You are supposed to be a role model.

    Answer by IheartWyatt09 at 4:03 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.