Implantation bleeding (may be TMI)

How far into pregnancy can implantation bleeding take place?

I am a little over 7 weeks pregnant and work up to very light cramping and went to the bathroom when I wiped I had dark blood like it was old with some small clots, my doctor said its implantation but he hasn't seen me this pregnancy yet. I thought implantation would be over with by now?

JAJA_Steele

Asked by JAJA_Steele at 3:38 AM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes it can be. As the placenta grows larger it will need more area to attach. I had it mid April and then again early May.
    luvbnmomnwife

Answer by luvbnmomnwife at 9:02 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• if it was me i would go to the ER because it could also be early stages of miscarriages
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:43 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• thats what I was afraid of thank you anon
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 3:56 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Implantation bleeding happens before you know you're pregnant. If you test during or immediately after implantation bleeding, you don't even have enough pregnancy hormone to show up on a hpt yet.

I bled around 7 weeks with my second pregnancy. It was never enough for a pad, just enough for a panty liner. I also had blood every time I wiped when I pottied. It lasted a couple of days and then went away and everything was fine. My dr didn't seem concerned as long as it wasn't enough to be like a period flow. As long as you don't need a pad, you will probably be ok. Drink plenty of water. Lay on your left side as much as possible. Take it very easy until this passes. If you bleed enough that you need a pad at all, then go to the hospital.

I don't like that your dr called it implantation bleeding at 7 weeks. Implantation occurs 10-14 dpo.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:06 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• thriving thats exactly what I thought I didn't know it could be implantation after the baby had already implantated lol, but thank you for the advice I am definetly going to take it
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 1:49 PM on Jul. 2, 2009