Do you have your own towel?

My SIL came to visit and used MY TOWEL. I was so grossed out. After talking to my hubby about it, I realized that when we first got married, he did the same thing. Turns out, since they grew up with 5 people and 1 bathroom, they just used whatever towel was dry. Is that normal? I grew up in a home with 3 bathrooms, and even though my brothers and I used the same bathroom, we each had our own towel. So how is it in your family?

toriandgrace

Asked by toriandgrace at 3:44 AM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Around here its what ever towel you see thats dry is your towel. more because we forget to get our own or take it back to the bathroom.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:46 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• a mixture of both. I have my own towel and so does hubby, but we'll use each others sometimes. Nver thought about it much.

Now i refuse to use someone elses louffa (sp?) or washcloth.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 3:47 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• The house I grew up in we all probably used the same towels. Me, my mom and my brother. When I moved into my aunt's house, it was absolutely, strictly taboo to touch another person's towel. At my house my so and I we share each other's towel but clean it often. When I go to another person's home I expect a clean towel and won't use theirs.
    preggoandfat

Answer by preggoandfat at 3:48 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Yes, eww on the loofah or washcloth!
    preggoandfat

• If I see a clean dry towel it is mine unless someone grabs it before I do. LOL. It is unusual in my opinion to have your own towel. We have stacks of towels that we all grab off, but we wash them after every use. Do you? (The people I know who do the same as you usually have two for themselves and wash them twice a week.) Just wondering.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:49 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I have to have to one for my hair and one to dry off with. I don't care if DH uses one of mine. But if someone stays over I get them a fresh one. Lol NO ONE can use DS McQueen towel he gets TICKED it's so cute!

pinkanfgrl

Answer by pinkanfgrl at 3:52 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I HAVE MY OWN TOWEL AND SO DOES MY HUBBY BUT MY 2 BOYS ALWAYS SHARE THEM. THEY ARE ONLY 11 MONTHS APART AND WANT TO SHARE EVERYTHING, I TRY AND GET THEM TO USE THERE OWN BUT THEY ALWAY US THE SAME ONES...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:54 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• i usually do but sometimes hubby and i use the same one, we are both clean when we get out of the shower so I don't care
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 3:55 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• lol! This is a funny yet interesting question. Well I have the towels way at the back of the closet that I use when family comes to spend the weekend (once a year) and the I personally just use whatever towel is on the towel rack because I was the youngest of 5 and that is all I got. My son on the other hand has his own towel which I just washed for him and him only to take to day camp tomorrow. Now I feel grossed out at myself! In my defense it i just Alex and me.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 3:59 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• We borrow the neighbors on their laundry day & throw them back over the fence. Towels r expensive!
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 4:00 AM on Jul. 2, 2009