Anyone have suggestions for intermediate-ish level books on Paganism, Wicca, Witchcraft, etc.?

I have tons of beginner books, and I have taken quite a lot from those books, but now I'd like to start looking into slighter more advanced things (because my books are basic, for the most part, and there are a few subjects that I'm not really a novice in anymore). Any suggestions? Blessed be ladies!

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 3:52 AM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• If you are no longer "new" then i would suggest finding a specific interest and buying books that cater to that. If you have a strong skill for Tarot cards get books on that. If you want to learn more about the Goddesses, get some books on that. Once you get past the beginner books there isnt really anything that advances a solitary pagan any further (that i know of) unless you "specialize" in a few specific topics.
    I'm expanding my knowledge on Tarot cards as well as learning more nature based connections. (like less candle magick). Once i feel i've mastered that i'd like to dive into herbs, oils and incense.

I hope that someone can offer a more helpful book to you that has more of what you are looking or in one place.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 4:02 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I agree with outstandinglove. Now is the time for specifics, your interest.  One of the first ones I bought was The Encyclopedia of 5000 Spells. Another is Cunninhams Encyclopedia of Crystal, Gem and Metal Magick

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 4:38 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Raven Grimassi has good books for the intermediate. Anything by him is a great buy.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 4:39 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• What are you looking to study specifically? I would reccomend different books for different subjects.
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 8:51 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• LOL just stay away from Silver Ravenwolf....too "commercial" for me.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 9:11 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Sometimes it isn't the books that is the next step. Devotion to practice will teach far more than any 102 or 103 level book.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 9:50 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I agree, you should start to look at more spacific areas rather than the broad picture. But here is a great list of books you should check out.

Pagan Books You Need To Read...

Essential Titles For Your Pagan Library

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:06 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I also want to add that there is a reason that many stick to the "year and a day" rule for those just begining their study. You're brain simply can't take in everything in a short time. If I were you I would work on mastering the "general" study and knowledge first. Put that year and a day in to study and research all the general broader subjects that how to's and what for's of the basics before you start adding more to your brain. Otherwise it's easy to get lost.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:14 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Go with what interests you. And don't limit yourself. Also, try looking for a study group or people in your area, they should be able to give you advice on where to get books that you are interested in. Happy Hunting!! :)
    NewMom101

Answer by NewMom101 at 1:31 AM on Jul. 3, 2009