has been woundering if any of the ladies here have ever tried the mother to be belts or the belly belts during pregnancy? My Dr. asked if I wanted one and said that it could help with the back pain and the leg /hip pain But I wanted to know if it is something worth trying or if it just folds down and makes you more uncompy than what you are. She said that the hip pain is prolly due to the fact that i am short.

betsyjmg

Asked by betsyjmg at 4:34 AM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• ive never used one but i see alot of pregnant woman useing them
    oh and im 5 ft 9 and had nothing but backand hip pain when i was pregnant this last time so i dont think it has anything to do with you being short
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:43 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• i had really bad back pain with my first and those belly belts actually helped me a lot. it got annoying cuz it would roll down now and then but that was an easy fix and at that time i would have rather delt with that than the pain!
    nevaehsmomma83

Answer by nevaehsmomma83 at 4:45 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Well lets just say that this is my 5th time being pregnat and yet this is the first time that I have had to deal with all the pain this early on, I mean yeah there is alot of pain with the birth but that is 3 months away. I had the hubby rub my lower back earlier tonight but it in all reality just hurt more. I just keep thinking if I could only use a heating pad that would prolly feel so much better but I know it is not alowed so I don't. Also have any you ever had gestational diabetes? went to the dr on tues they said i neededto takethe surgar test so i drank the yuck stuff then they said that i was to do that in two weeks so the dr did i finger stick just to see and my surgars was at 218. what do you guys think? think it could of been a fluke?
    betsyjmg

Answer by betsyjmg at 5:00 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I used one at the end of my last pregnancy, and it helped me out a lot. I already deal with a good bit a hip and lower back pain, and pregnancy only adds to it. The belt really helped.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 10:37 AM on Jul. 2, 2009