are all 12 yrs old boys mouthy and disrespectful?

My 12 yr old has just started agitating me and being mouthy and rude and and totally direspectful! I put him in a time out to cool off in his room and sometimes that works other times i take away tv, videos hanging out with friends and phone,and mp3 player this also works but im just wondering if other boys thatare 12 yrs old are doing this ?

Melissa303

Asked by Melissa303 at 5:14 AM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• My son now 15 was a total a.. at that age, he is much better now because he realized I would not put up with that. He still has his moments but for the most part he is pretty good. Its usually when he does not get his way. I think it is just part of growing up and seeing where your boundaries are. Good Luck this will pass.
    dillonsma

Answer by dillonsma at 12:56 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Its actually quite normal for any kids this age boys or girls. They are getting older and to them they feel like they are adults and can do and say what they want. I remember my lil cousin at that age, and he was awful, about respecting his mom. I was 16, and his mom used to come to my house when he'd take off from home, so i could help her find him, and get him to go home. He may grow out of it or it may just get worse as he gets older. If you don't have him doing chores around the house, try getting him to help out as a responsibilty thing.
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 6:13 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Oh he has chores as a responsabilty too.
    Melissa303

Answer by Melissa303 at 6:37 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• It is normal but that doesn't mean they should be allowed to get away with it. My son has been smacked in the mouth for his attitude and disrespect. He doesn't do it very often because I don't allow it. Usually just talking to my son about respect is all it takes. He HATES being lectured to. I have also had him write dictionary pages.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:14 AM on Jul. 2, 2009