• In the Spotlight:

IM WORRIED my 4 day old son

he is sweating alot while he sleeps . i mean alot ! his whole lil t shirt will be saoked in the back. i called my mother in law ( she has 10 kids) and she saids its normal and hes gonna be like that for awhile but it still worries my sometings wronge

babymomma6

Asked by babymomma6 at 6:39 AM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• it can be normal yes some babes sweat ,my little girl does like crazy she is 2 months now
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:40 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• its very normal expectially at that age, they still can't regulate there body temps properly to keep them selfs cooler at night.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:45 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• My son sweats a lot also and he is nine months now. What temperature are you keeping the room at? When I had my son I was always worried that it was to cold and also had the house really warm. There is a book called what to expect the first year, I live with this book lol. It said that the room should be between 72 and 78 degrees no higher. Also please check with your doctor because the release of fluids might dehydrate your baby.
    js3mommy

Answer by js3mommy at 8:14 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• All three of my kids have been like that. My youngest is 3 months old and she still sweats through her sleeper most nights. I am a furnace when I sleep anyway but all three times after having a child my body temperature always seems to go up for about two months. During this same period my kids have had the same problem with getting really heated during sleep. My oldest daughter grew out of it when she was about three months old. My son never did. He is six and still wakes up every morning drenched in sweat. I don't know about my youngest. We'll just have to see if she ever does grow out of it.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 10:51 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I'm under the impression that, tha'ts normal. My son was always really cold, so I haven't had a personal experience with sweating. However, I remember people telling me about their children sweating a lot early on in infancy.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:15 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Sounds pretty normal. My son sweats like nothing else in his sleep. A lot of babies do that.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:47 AM on Jul. 3, 2009