Juice...or something please?

I can afford to buy perdiasure for my son for him to have as many as he wants a day and he refuses water even with an apple, lemon, or orange slice in it.Normal milk gives him butt rashes BAD and juice does the same. The only other thing he does good with is pedialite when he's sick but he cant have that all the time. What can I give my son to drink other then pediasure? (18 months)

Bugsmommy1908

Asked by Bugsmommy1908 at 6:58 AM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Gatorade
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 7:03 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Gatorade although I think theres a good amount of sugar in that so I wouldnt give him a lot of it.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 8:18 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Have you tried making a 50/50 mix of juice and water? My dd cant drink straight juice without getting a rash. Have you tried soy milk?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:34 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• i WOULD ALSO SAY GATORADE/POWERAID. I WOULD SAY TO HAVE HALF JUICE/HALF WATER. I WOULD ALSO TALK TO HIS DOCTOR AND SEE WHAT THEY THINK YOU SHOULD DO
    TiphaniMommy

Answer by TiphaniMommy at 8:59 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• My son will not drink milk. I have always diluted his juice heavily with water. He gets 1 part juice to 3 parts water. I buy the low calorie gatorade to reduce the sugar and dilute it 1:1 with water.
    Once a day he gets 1 cup of sprite that is diluted with a little water to help reduce the fizz. I found that he likes the flavored water packets that you add to water. I add twice the water it calls for and use the sugar free kind. He thinks it is juice because it is still sweet, yet it is sugar free water.
    Hope this helps.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:12 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• i give my son 50/50 juice & water.
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 9:31 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Gatorade has way too much sugar/high fructose corn syrup. I would talk to your doctor. Kids need plenty of water and a source of calcium, not all that sugar. Your doc may recommend soy milk and may have ideas of how to get the water in him.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 10:12 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Maybe you could try boost kids essentials or gerber graduates smart sips. i know boost has a $5 coupon on their website and many smart sips have a mail in rebate. Try milk alternatives too like soy milk. i would definitely talk to your doctor. if all he gets is juice he may be lacking vital nutrients or vitamins that milk gives. Good luck!
    tblur29

Answer by tblur29 at 11:52 AM on Jul. 4, 2009