Still don't think Cap & Trade will affect the average person? Think again!

If you STILL don't understand the impact costs associated with the Cap & Trade bill (should it pass the Senate in the fall), or don't "mind" shelling out more money for utilities, gas, food, clothing, and whatever else you spend your money on, then MAYBE this article will help you to understand things better?

http://www.rollcall.com/news/36393-1.html?page=1

Q: Will you do your part to contact your Senators and tell them to vote "NO" on this bill, or will you just "trust" that the Obama Administration has your best interests in mind and that of your family?

***

Link to my journal post for detailed information on Cap & Trade:

http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1490703/Everything_You_Wanted_To_Know_About_The_Cap_Trade_Bill_aka_Climate_Change_Bill_But_Were_Afraid_To_Ask_To_Be_Updated

LoriKeet

Asked by LoriKeet at 7:30 AM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• No one seems to care. I mention cap & trade, and people say "Huh?" The ones that have heard about it support it, but haven't read it. When I explain to them about carbon credits they look confused. When I tell them about building code restrictions, they think I'm lying. When I send them links, they don't respond. *sigh*
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 10:15 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I already have Lorikeet. I know only one has my best interests at heart, God. I fell though that you are fighting an up hill battle when it comes to the Obamabots.

Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 7:38 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Ibelong--

Thanks! I realize it's a major uphill battle, but I'm hoping that people will realize this bill will affect EACH AND EVERY person in this country--it's not just a political party thing!

You can still love Obama, but that doesn't change the fact that if this bill passes, you'll still pay out the nose for basic living conveniences--unless of course you plan on adopting the Amish lifestyle!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:49 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• It's not an uphill battle with all, only the more dense. Many libs are against this bill. As I have said this bill will collapse the economy. But that is the plan. If they can collapse the economy and have most the nation on the gov't dole then they can make their case to usher in NWO.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 7:55 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I emailed one of my senators last week (Kay Hagan, D). The response I got back was pathetic. She told me thanks for my concern and interest. If I had any further questions feel free to email again. It was ridiculous. So I'm going to print my letter and mail it to her. I plan on calling her office as well. The other senator from NC spoke at a rally I went to on Saturday and he is 100% against this.
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 8:10 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I do have a feeling this crazyness won't pass the senate.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:14 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I hope your feeling is right Carpy.
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 8:21 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• "Interesting" little interactive map depicting the states where the members of Congress that voted "YES" to this bill reside/represent.  Is anyone REALLY surprised?  I know I'm not!

http://politics.nytimes.com/congress/votes/111/house/1/477

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:31 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I don't know. I wrote a letter to specter and casey last week. Specter flat out ignored me. The response casey sent I posted in a journal entry, along with my respoonse to his letter. I really just wanted to remind him that neither gore or obama had votes in pa. . .

I will be calling Specters office when I get back from the hospital.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 8:34 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• here is an interesting article on the politics of it. http://www.ajc.com/services/content/printedition/2009/07/02/wingfielded0702.html
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:36 AM on Jul. 2, 2009