CAN ANYONE TRUTHFULLY SAY THAT THE GAY LIFESTYLE IS A THREAT TO THEIR LIFESTYLE?

IF SO, HOW IS IT A THREAT? I HAVE SEEN PEOPLE QUOTE THAT THIS LIFESTYLE WOULD BE A THREAT TO THE WHOLE WORLD AS WE NOW KNOW IT, HOW COULD SOMEONES LIFESTYLE THREATEN THE WORLD?

Asked by older at 7:49 AM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • I am a Christian and I've studied the Bible and what it actually says about this. I don't believe the proaganda that God condemns homosexuality.

I believe that God created homosexuals the way they are, and God doesn't make any mistakes. So, these people are the children of God, and everyone is accepted. I even know several Gay Christians.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 9:38 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• It totally is. My fiance knows if some really really hot woman came walking by he might find himself single again. lol.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 7:50 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• MYTHIC, THAT THREAT MAKES TOTAL SENSE!

Answer by older at 7:54 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• My opinion is that is would not threaten or matter to my lifestyle at all. I am a secure heterosexual who is respectful of all. I say: love who you love. I don't believe being gay is a choice and I don't think anyone would pick to be hated so openly in the least. We waste to much time on worrying about what others do in the bedroom.
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 7:55 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• It is a threat to the way I am trying to teach my children. The more this is accepted, the more we have to work to protect our children.

Its being shoved down our throat and its called desensitization, the more you see something, the more normal it becomes....like if you saw someone murdered, by about the 1,000 of seeing the exact same thing, you would say "ehhhh, big deal, seen it before"

Just b/c a person wants to do something does not make it right. Their are rights and wrongs, their is black and white, and are desires do not control them.

sorry, I know you dd is gay, and I honestly dont hate anyone that is gay. I know that I sin as well, so I am not any better. I just want my children to grow up and learn what the Bible says about it.

so for me, this is a christian issue and you will never change my mind...sorry;)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:56 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I'll also add that there are far more worries about hurting relationships by those who are on the down low, willing to do whatever, and those who give in to opportunity. There are plenty of skanky men and women out there cheating on their SOs and lying about it.

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 7:57 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• ANON, HOW DO YOU THINK YOUR CHILDREN WOULD FEEL IF AFTER PUBERTY THEY REALIZED THEY WERE GAY, AFTER BEING TAUGHT ALL THEIR LIVES HOW WRONG IT IS. I AM NOT TRYING TO CHANGE YOUR MIND OR ANYONES ELSE, BUT I DEAL WITH GAY YOUTH WHO COME FROM YOUR SAME UPBRINGING AND I HAVE SEEN WHAT A TRAUMA IT CAUSES. WHAT YOU DON'T SEEM TO UNDERSTAND IS THAT TO GAYS THERE IS NI WRONG IN WHAT THEY DO, IT IS JUST WHO THEY ARE.

Answer by older at 8:03 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• They would think that ONLY because if gays were the makeup of the whole population of the world no one would be breeding. if no one breeds and propagates the species we die out.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:53 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• VBRUNO, THE SPECIES WOULD NOT DIE OUT ONLY BECAUSE OF THE MANY SPERM BANKS AND SURROGATE MOTHERS AVAILABLE.

Answer by older at 8:58 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• The species would die out. lol Do you know how long that would take. Not to mention just because someone is gay does not mean they do not want children. It also doesn't mean that they cannot have children. Between foster homes full of unwanted kids, sperm banks and willing surrogates (I would so be a surrogate for a gay couple). I do not think homosexuality is at all a threat to ANYONE.
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 9:02 AM on Jul. 2, 2009