what is the best way to plan my sons first birthday

I don't know exactly where to start. I want to make it special for him, but I don't want to over do it where he wont enjoy himself. Any ideas? Please give me some advise. Thank you in advance

js3mommy

Asked by js3mommy at 8:01 AM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son had his b-day at the park...we rented one of the pavilions, and had his party there....he could play and run around and the clean-up as easy....very easy...and its cheap...

Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 8:05 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Just have it really simple. We did our DD's at our house w/ 10 adults & 3 kids (our fam & closet friends). The kids played in the playroom & we ordered Pizza, chips, & soda. I made a cake out of the box & took a sm amount of the batter to make a cupcake for my DD. I wrote on the cake Happy Birthday & got a 1 candle. I found a foam tiarra & put some glitter glue on it saying Princess & put it on my DD's head when she was admiring her cupcake (this was just to have some cute pics). We opened gifts & let the other kids help out too then the kids enjoyed playing w/ the new toys for a while longer before everyone left. It was simple & lots of fun. Since its summer though u could have ur LO's outside at ur house or at a park somewhere. Remember to keep it to a sm amount of ppl & kids otherwise u may overwhelm ur LO. Have Fun
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 8:08 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I would do the park thing...& if u cant/dnt want to bake a cake urself, if u order one from walmart, they give a small one to u for free on the 1st bday only. (Check that 1st as mine is 5 so its been awhile!)
    I'd say a cake, a few balloons & gifts, maybe a game or 2 for the kiddos & be done! Don't forget to allow urself to have fun as well! :)
    bridgeh2o

Answer by bridgeh2o at 8:57 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I'm doig a luau with her best friend who is like 4 days older. Their both turning one so we're inviting all their friends and gonna pull out a the pool and have cake ice cream and swimming :)
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 10:21 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Keep it simple. It's easy to get carried away, but you have to remember he'll only be a year old. I would start out with the menu. I always find that part the most enjoying part of planning a party. Remember that too many sugary treats will mean a bunch of hyper, screaming children. Usually, as I'm sure you know, that leads to a great big headache. Kraftfoods.com has a lot of great recipes that are unique and really fun for the kids. I also suggest to keep the decorations simple. If you choose to do a theme make sure it's something that the games, food, and what-not can tie into. I find that makes it super simple to think of everything. If you want to do games, clearly keep the age in mind. Like a bean bag tossing game, a craft where they can paint the heck out of something, things like that. Gift bags for the guests are always welcomed. They're not a neccesity, but it helps you thank the guests for coming to celebrate.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:11 PM on Jul. 2, 2009