Why is it considered "OK" to cheat if you are Bi or Gay?

It seems like these days people think that being allowed to cheat is part of the package deal.

Question is NOT meant to include those that are in open relationships.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:27 AM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• Nope if your in a commited relationship then its cheating.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:31 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• It wouldn't matter to me what my sexual preference was-guidelines would still be set & cheating is cheating. I know several bisexual ppl & a few gay/lesbian & I don't think they would be just as hurt as me if their partner cheated.
    bridgeh2o

Answer by bridgeh2o at 8:35 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Cheating is cheating no matter what your preferance is. If your "Committed" to the other person and hook up with someone else you are cheating.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:51 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• It's not, I've never heard of that.
    Cheating is always wrong.
    AJsMomma

Answer by AJsMomma at 8:51 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• it's not
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 9:13 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I've never heard that.

Cheating is cheating.

Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 9:54 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• to me it's only cheating if you are married no matter your gender or gender preference. Until vows are taken to forsake all others, a person is still single and has the right to find out what he/she wants in life. That's why some folks are married and some are just living together. Some make a commitment and others don't. sorry ladies but that's my opinion and just for the record I'm not one that even likes marriage so I'm not some prude pushing for marriages. I just think folks who don't take vows but live together are still open to "checking other options out". SO and I are not married so I know he CAN see anyone else in life that he chooses to. Of course I wish he wouldn't but he has that right. I choose not to see others but not being married I can if I want and he'd never say anything.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:25 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• If you are married it is cheating if you have sex with anyone who is not your spouse. Those who try to justify it are low lifes that have no clue what love or commitment are.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I've never heard of this. Some use it as an excuse to just cheat. I dunno. I'm bisexual as well as my husband but we don't cheat. We have an 'open marriage' but neither of us have ever used that (we can have sex with other people, there is a VERY long list of things that must be done first, but we never have).
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 10:54 AM on Jul. 2, 2009