feeling like im going to chain him.....

hello all

my hubby might be going to iraq... he is a chopper pilot for the RAAF (royal australian air force) and they are sending another fleet over on next monday.
we have a baby boy of not even a week old... what am i menat to do? i cry when i see him, i want to chain him to me... dont want him to leave us?

how would you feel?

justme1231

Asked by justme1231 at 9:11 AM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• we all felt the same way when we sent our loved ones over there. The up side of it is that it gives us something to look forward to when they return. Tell him to take a laptop and you can stay in touch every day. Send one that has a webcam too. My SIL just got back from Iraq and we got to "see" and talk with him every day. It was still stressful but better than not hearing from him. We were able to see he was safe and keep his spirits high

Answer by admckenzie at 10:11 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• You do what the rest of US do.. Carry on.. My DH is Special Forces and is ALWAYS deploying. I am a strong military wife. I can handle things with or without him. I use the time while he is away to reflect on myself and what I can do to improve myself. Get some friends, get a hobby, enjoy your child(ren), read, take some classes, get a job, join the FRG, etc. Don't sit around and sulk or cry. Be supportive. He doesn't need to be thinking about a "weepy wife" at home. If you are going to be married to Military you HAVE TO be independant!
    Anonymous