would you be hurt if your mom told you if you have your baby during the week she probably couldnt come if it was during the day because she has to pick my nephew up from school.

My mom lives with my sister and told me she probably cant come when I have my baby. I will probably be induced and the doc has said it would probably be in the morning and my hosp. is about 1 1/2 hours away. Her telling me she probably wouldnt come has really hurt me.I still have 3 1/2 months but I am just so hurt she has said this to me.I think my sis she find someone else or her leave work early to go get him but my mom said she doesnt want her to have to do that. I am wrong for being hurt

nah25

Asked by nah25 at 9:13 AM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• that would hurt my feelings too...she shouldnt play favorites
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 9:18 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• hell no girl!!
    thats your MOTHER.. she should make a way, if there isnt one..
    my moms gotta drive an hour away in a different state, to be there for when I deliver...
    so maybe talk to her about it more and maybe she can make it happen ..
    =)
    xohcannizzo

Answer by xohcannizzo at 9:20 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• That would hurt my feelings too. I would want my mom right there with me in the delivery room, so it would definitley hurt me. Talk to your sister about getting someone to pick her son up that day and explain to her how you feel and Im sure she'll understand and if not then shes pretty selfish.
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 9:20 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• It is hurtful to hear. I hope that outside of her willing decision not to be a part of your child's birth that she is a supportive mother. It seems like her priorities have fallen elsewhere. I'm sure you could talk to your sister about finding other care but it sounds like it was your mother's decision not to be there. It seems like there may be another reason why she doesn't want to be there. There is usually an alternative child care solution available. You may want to talk to her and see if there is another reason why she doesn't want to be with you when you feel you need her very much.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 10:26 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Because my mom has been here for me from day one of finding out I was pregnant. Minus the time it took her to grasp the fact that her baby girl would be a mother in less than no time, I would be beyond hurt if she wasn't able to be at the hospital with me. If it means as much to you as it sounds that she be there then hey. I believe without regret that you deserve to voice your opinion about the whole situation and let her know how you feel. I'm sure there is someone else close that can pick up your nephew without it becoming an issue it's not as if your mother it's not necessarily a MUST that your mother pick up your nephew. and i can only be honest! you have the right to be hurt, angry and pissed!
    pink_callalily

Answer by pink_callalily at 11:11 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• You have a right to be hurt. I am so sorry that she said that. I would definitely let her know how much it hurt. I really don't know what to say. If it is so important for your mom to pick up your nephew, then why doesn't she just pick him up early, and bring him with her to the hospital and your sister can come after work to pick him up?!?!? IDK. sounds like a lousy excuse. i hope she finds a way to be there for you. I think your sister should be able to get off of work that day and keep her own kids so your mom can be there for you. Good luck!

HUGS!!!
    ratchetlee

Answer by ratchetlee at 4:30 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I would be really hurt...but, my mom didnt' come to the hospital when I had my baby. She lives in a dfiferent state and thought it would be better if she came after I was out of the hospital. Maybe your mom just thinks that there's not really much she can do in the hospital, most of the helping out part happens when you get home. It still sucks to hear, tho.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 5:16 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• nah, I know ur situation, and you know how I feel about it already. Maybe it is hard for your sister to find help elsewhere... blah blah blah but this one just crosses the line. It's too much and I totally think you have every right to tell your mom exactly how you feel on this one. If you have a freaking SCHEDULED delivery, it isn't too much to ask for someone else to take him/ pick him up for ONE DAY! JMHO.
    rachel92782

Answer by rachel92782 at 6:32 PM on Jul. 3, 2009