extra skin on stomach after pregnancy

After I had my dd I have lost all my pregnancy weight and I still have extra skin on my stomach. It's not fat, just loose skin. Is there another alternative to getting rid of it other than surgery?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:20 AM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• IT DEPENDS ON HOW MUCH ELASTICITY YOU HAVE, ACCORDING TO HOW OLD YOU ARE, AFTER 40 YOUR SKIN WILL NEVER GO BACK, AND SOMETIMES ALSO IN YOUR LATE THIRTIES. I HAD MY SON IN MY LATE 30'S AND MY SKIN NEVER SPRUNG BACK SO I DID A TUMMY TUCK 20 YEARS LATER, AND I AM JUST SORRY I DIDN'T DO IT SOONER!

Answer by older at 3:55 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Probably not. If you're sure you've got muscle underneath and it's just skin, then surgery may be the only way. But unless it A LOT (like people who've had gastric bypass surgery and are left with 4-6 inches dangling) I wouldn't worry too much about it. It's an expensive and painful process to get skin removed (versus just having lipo to remove fat). Good luck!
    Badmojo

Answer by Badmojo at 9:29 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I have heard of so many people with this problem - including me. I will get a tummy tuck when we are done having children. That may be your only hope as well.
    jtallant

Answer by jtallant at 10:41 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• yeah, that's what everyone is saying...and it's so weird b/c I'm very slim but I have this little bit of extra skin that looks so outa place! I guess I'll be getting surgery too.
    Anonymous

• Tummy tuck it is! I have the same problem after 2 very large babies (c-sections w/ both). I have lost all my weight and am actually pretty fit and trim, but I've got that tummy overhang. It just kills me. I don't want to have surgery, but it seems it's either that or just learn to live with it.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 7:27 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• No, sorry. Time will take away some of the extra skin, but after that, there's nothing you can do to get rid of it aside from surgery.
    DD is 11mo now, I lost all my prego weight and then some, and I'm left with some extra skin. It's better now than it was a few months ago, but it's never going to go away completely.
    Paesana82

Answer by Paesana82 at 12:40 PM on Jul. 3, 2009