Is your child starting Pre-K this Fall?

If so, are you already gearing up for letting your "baby" go? Thoughts/feelings about them going?

pr0udm0m_0f_3

Asked by pr0udm0m_0f_3 at 9:26 AM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My 4 year old will be going to Pre-K this year. I'm not too upset about it because it's the same school my daughter went to and I know that they have great teachers and he will have fun. But he did go to a 3 year old preschool program part time last year, so he would know what to expect. I got all my anxiety out with that. I'll go through it again with kindergarten though.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 2:16 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I was thinking about enrolling my daughter in a 3 yr old program but i found out that the school she would go to doesn't have a 3 year old program....so she will be waiting until she is 4....which is no biggie...b/c she can already count to 20.....she can count to 10 in spanish, and she knows her colors and shapes and she pretty much has her alphabet down........plus i was a little torn...i didn't want to put her in too soon...i mean kids have to go to school so long already....if she didn't know her colors, shapes or counting then i would enroll her to help with that...or if i was working i would....i am sure i will be a big blubbering mess when she does go off to school....
    ThinkPink23

Answer by ThinkPink23 at 9:41 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• My youngest will be going to preschool two afternoons a week starting this fall. He'll end up with two years of preschool before starting kindergarten. He's my third, so we've been through this before, but we'll have to see when the time comes how I do. He is my last baby so it might be harder than I think it will be.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 11:06 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• My 3yo is going to preschool only because she wants to. It's just 2 days a week for 2 hours each day. No big deal. She already took a class in the spring that was 2 days a week for an hour each day and loved it (it was an arts & crafts class). She can't wait to go to school like her siblings and I'll have 2 hours a day to myself with all 4 kids in school...pure bliss, lol.
    Normally I would have waited until next year when she is 4 to enroll her but she is demanding to go to school so...she's going. The school is through our park district so it's only about $150 for the entire year ($50 for each term).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:20 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• my daughter is doing a three day 2 hour class this fall. Next year she'll do preK at her school. Honestly I can't wait. Been through two other chidren going into school and honestly its not that bad letting them go. Sniff!
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 12:00 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Mine is going full days, like all the other grades. She too is my last one of three children. I think that out of all of them, she will be the hardest to watch go. I guess it's because then it will truly be the end of having "little ones".
    pr0udm0m_0f_3

Answer by pr0udm0m_0f_3 at 12:11 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• no the local school don't take 3 YOs only 4 YOs....my son won't be 4 until January. :(
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 1:42 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I can't wait. I just had my 3rd child in May so having 3 at home is too much. She was in a 3 year old part time preschool program last year and it was nice having something to occupy some of the day with so this will be even nicer since it is 5 days a week instead of 3 and we don't have to pay since it is through the school district! She is a very shy child so I think this can only help her socialize and also work on her speech skills as she tested last winter and is now in speech as well. It is just under 3 hours a day which is a nice length for her age.
    april_wi

Answer by april_wi at 5:04 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• my middle boy will be in an early ed class for speech delayed kids this year he is 3.5. and i cant wait. 5 half days a week.
    mamatiff06

Answer by mamatiff06 at 4:23 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• my daughter amber and alyssa are in preschool 5 days a weeks for 2 hours a day .. amber is turning 4 this aug and will be going to pre k in september in the afternoons she will go to her nusery school in the mornings from 8:30 am -11 am then 12 pm -3 pm she will go to her pre k class .. its in the same building and she loves it alyssa will be turning 3 this aug and will continue with her preschool class in mornings until she turns 4 next yr
    My2angels251

Answer by My2angels251 at 4:11 PM on Jul. 3, 2009