What are the things that you won't eat to avoid gaining weight?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:31 AM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Processed foods and condiments

Heavy carbs (like deep dish pizza, whole milk ice cream, foods high in refined sugars--cake, cookies, etc.)

Foods made with white flour (heavy starches).

I'm human though and DO indulge in the above...but in moderation along with daily exercise. I have a sluggish metabolism, so I HAVE to exercise, but that exercise ALSO keeps my blood pressure, cholesterol and weight low--so it's a win-win situation.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:40 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Fewer states reporting high obesity rates in 2009

Posted: Jul 01, 2009

(NBC) - An American obesity report by the Trust for America's Health found there is a bit of good news this year, as fewer states are reporting high obesity rates than in 2008.

However, researchers do note obesity is a large problem in the United States.  In most states, 1 in 4 adults are considered obese, adding to an increasing problem of chronic diseases like diabetes.

Officials say they are concerned that as aging baby boomers enter their senior years, it will begin to overwhelm the Medicare system.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:33 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Only one state Colorado were obesity % is lower then 20% . Sad........ You can lose some of weight by cutting out sodas,sugary foods,too much salt. Drink more water,exercise . Eat more vegetables & fruits.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:41 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• We don't eat processed foods, candy, sugary foods, chips, crackers and other junk that has no nutritional value. I have not had a soda in nearly 23 years and don't miss it at all. I am 47 years old weight only 124 lbs and look much younger than most in their early 30s and late 20s who do eat poor diets. We save money by eating this way. Less trips to the doctor and we don't spend money on snack food since we are full from all the very filling and nutrition packed from scratch meals we do eat. I spend 400 a month for my family of 4 on groceries. We have a farmers market and I buy in season fresh produce year round. Costs me very little. Chips, candy and other crap is not filling leaves you hungry sooner and you eat more which does cost more in the long run.

Exercise is just as important as a healthy diet. My husband, 14 year old daughter and 16 year old son and I run 5 miles every morning before we start our day.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Any kind of sweets,white breads,white pastas,cakes, donuts,etc....sodas

Answer by louise2 at 9:55 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• We try to avoid processed foods, fast food, anything fried, high-starchy carbohydrates, and high-sugar foods. Not that we always succeed.... but we try. I'm actually in the process of re-evaluating our dietary right now as both my hubby and I have started looking a little chunkier than we'd like. It's probably because we've been eating more pasta in the past months while trying to keep our budget in check.
    Intrepid

Answer by Intrepid at 9:56 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• If it is processed, it's not healthy.

It doesn't cost money to excerise. GET UP, go for a walk, run, goto sites like shape.com and get excerises you can do at home..... I get up around 5am to excersise, yoga, read(mental excersise) before the kiddos get up. GREAT WAY TO START EA/MORNING!
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:01 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• anon 953.. brag much wow im 47 and look great blah blah blah.. know what im 5'10 170 little over weight.. and never go to the dr either and look plenty young, i dont run no 5 miles lol but i mall walk alot. .. i hate those that seem to brag
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I'm 5'8" and 198 lbs, BMI of 30.
    I'm 38 but still get carded for cigarettes - some strange lady told me the other day she thought I was 26.
    I like junk food, but don't eat it much because I don't like the way it makes me feel.
    We eat alot of whole grain pastas (they got it at Aldi's for like a buck a box)
    I tried making the family go vegan, but DH had a fit - we live in OH and if there isn't a whole cow on the table at dinner people go ballistic.
    My biggest weakness is peanut butter and black coffee (not mixed together lol).
    I exercise at work when I'm bored and don't have a good book to read.
    I'm not a big soda fan, I like water with lemon, or my beloved black coffee (if they start taxing THAT there will be hell to pay - so watch out, Washington, you can only push me so far.)
    We're having pizza for dinner tonight because I worked like a hundred hours this week and don't feel like cooking today.
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 10:28 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I tried making the family go vegan, but DH had a fit - we live in OH and if there isn't a whole cow on the table at dinner people go ballistic. girl, I hear ya.. My family is from Wayne/Holmes County Ohio.... Hubby is from Coshocton (another small farm town) Meat, Milk, and Potatoes...Ohio The Heart Attack of it all!! I have learned to counter the comfort foods my family won't give up for activity. Even if it is challenging the kids and hubby to a sit up/push up contest after dinner. I suck at push ups. But I like hearing my kids root me on!!! :o)

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:39 AM on Jul. 2, 2009