To those who believe in ghosts and spirits...

Do you think animals can see ghosts, even if we can't? I ask because my dog will sometimes bark at empty air. And, I don't mean just a little,I mean she will get up, hunch her back,and act like she's barking at a person. Yet,there is no one there, at least that I can see. Been thinking about having someone come, and see if they can catch anything on tape or video. Am I being paranoid, or what?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:38 AM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Without a doubt animals can see them, as can most children. As adults we only stop seeing them because we train ourselves not to. All that time we spend as kids with the covers over our head telling outselves they aren't real, sinks in and takes over. Animals and Children haven't blinded themselves yet and so have the ability. We can regain that ability with time and work, but I think it is kinda a use it or loose it kind of thing... We pourposly don't use it, and so we loose it.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:30 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Yes, they are more sensitive. My dog refuses to go in the basement and when I pick her up to carry her down there, she pees on herself and whines in fear. I myself feel uneasy down there and I can only imagine what she feels! My cat will also stare at nothing and them jump in the air like something touched her when there is nothing there.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 9:42 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• yup
    mellyhayes

Answer by mellyhayes at 9:46 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Definitely wouldn't doubt it.
    SparklingHope

Answer by SparklingHope at 9:49 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• ihartu, very interesting. I know there is some history to this house. My neighbor told me something about 2 sisters who lived here,years ago, and one died while they lived here in the house. Not sure if that's who the dog sees, but I've also felt before as if someone was watching me, especially when I'm sleeping,and wake up to feel as if someone is standing in the doorway to our room.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:52 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Wow, that would creep me out,lol. I'd get someone to come check it out for sure.Animals and children defintiely have a higher sence when it comes to stuff like that.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 9:53 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I am a Christian and yes I really think animals can sense these things! If you want info on this stuff I could tell you some stories of living in fear. I could start a journal.
    noel24

Answer by noel24 at 9:56 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• noel24, I'd personally love to hear your stories because I have many, many experiences with the paranormal as well.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 10:13 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• It could be that animals can see things we can't..But I know they can hear better and hear things outside we don't..My dogs know the sound of my DH's truck from inside the house. I do not even hear him drive up. They start acting crazy.

Answer by louise2 at 10:20 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• yes. animals and kids are more sensitive and open than we are. as kids get older we in a way teach them to shut those doors
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 10:21 AM on Jul. 2, 2009