Should siblings be in the same preschool?

KinderCare

Asked by KinderCare at 9:46 AM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I think it depends on the relationship the siblings have. If it is their first time away from home then it could be a good thing so that they are exposed to a new environment but still have the comfort of home with them. It would kind of ease them into the practice of being in a structured environment outside of their home rather than just being thrown into it.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 9:51 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• yes. what would be the purpose of separating them? They won't feel so isolated. They know someone which builds confidence. They will probably be in the same schools throughout life so why separate them now?

Answer by admckenzie at 9:53 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Mine will be. I have no intention of driving all over town to put them in different preschools! That's just insane.
    Anonymous

• why not??? as long as its an app. place for both. I don't believe in "marrying" the kids, what one does the other must but its much more practical and if the school is good why not???

Mine love the fact that they were in the same school last year I just don't let them be in the class b/c the older one bosses the younger.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 7:56 PM on Jul. 6, 2009

• do you mean the same school or class?
    Anonymous