What do you do if someone keeps leaving a shopping cart on your street?

We have new neighbors 2 houses down and my husband saw them pushing a shopping cart, take out their stuff, and then push it in front of our neighbor's house(across the street) and leave it there. My hubby didn't want to say nothing cause there were 5 of them and we don't want any problems, but this is a nice, quiet, neighborhood and we don't want them doing that. Who regulates it? Police?

Asked by msp12r at 12:37 AM on Jun. 22, 2008 in Home & Garden

• i would let my neighbor know (the house they are leaving it in front of) so they can keep a eye out for the next time and let them know that when it happens to call the police to let the know they are having littering issues with thier neighbors cross the street from them. they will come and talk to the people and let them know if they are caught doing it again they will get a hefty fine for littering. I would also let the store know so they can keep a eye on on their carts. that's just plain tacky and lazy..

Answer by Mommy2life at 9:56 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• I would think so, that is so weird to be honest, but yeah what are you going to do? You can't say anything. I would call local see what they say.

Answer by ProudMammaBear at 1:01 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• leave a note on their door when you know they aren't home that says: STEALING SHOPPING CARTS IS WRONG!!!

Answer by SamsMom125 at 2:29 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• Call the store it came from and let them know it's happening. Put a note on the door of the pople taking the cart and let them know that this is NOT the ghetto or a slum.

Answer by vbruno at 10:22 AM on Jun. 22, 2008