Who said this would not happen?

The jobless rate is up to a 26 yr high of 9.5% NINE POINT FIVE ....

oops it went a bit over what (just a hint) _ b_ m _ said it would.

thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Obama said yesterday that the "Stimulus Package is working" he really is clueless isnt he?
    TinasTribe

Answer by TinasTribe at 10:05 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• In my town over 20 percent are unemployed and 70 percent of the houses on the market are foreclosures. Obama has no clue. We are fortunate to have my husbands job and are relocating to an area that is doing well very soon. Friends of mine that were both employed in solid companies are now both unemployed and are losing their houses daily. These are not people who lived outside their means but their savings are nearly gone now. They are all dreading energy prices going up they know like most smart people do that means food and everything else will be going up. Things are already sky high in California as it is. We are renting our home and not selling since we lost nearly 75 percent of our homes value. It really sucks here and it is the people fault for electing the Congress we have here in Cali and for continuing the tragedy and electing Obama.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Sure glad we passed that Stimulus with all those Shovel Ready Projects....... If not, Obama SAID unemployment would go over 9%... Ohhhh errrrr wait... Obama was wrong? It went over 9% anyway? WOW.... So, why are my kids and their kids going to be in debt to China, afterall??

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:13 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I know what you mean anon, both my mom and my in-laws live in CA, my in-laws lost their home because they cut my FIL hours way back and my mom works for the state and they just took another 5% of her paycheck, she is losing $600 a month that she can't afford to lose because the state is so broke.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 10:14 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• It really sucks here and it is the people fault for electing the Congress we have here in Cali and for continuing the tragedy and electing Obama.

Anon, Obama inherited this disaster....... and is turning it into a catastrophe....  All for a Liberal Spending Spree....  I wonder if, next~he will blame Pelosi and Ried for running up his charge card?

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:16 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Oooohhhhh this is so sad.

I wonder though, how many aren't even looking because of the unemployment extensions passed in the stimulus? Like my SIL! After sucking up 6 minths of unemployment, she is taking a well deserved vacation.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:20 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• My business has gotten slower since the stimulus, and so has my hubby's. I have cut back and cut back and cut back, there is nothing more to cut. Houses aren't selling in my area, jobs keep getting cut, and things are looking decidedly worse. I'm terrified for the future. I really don't want to apply for financial aid, but I may have to.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• On MY street in our subdivision...there are 3 houses NEXT to each other that have been for sale since April. Those houses are less than 10 years old--beautifully landscaped and maintained, and are trying to be sold for around $325k (down from recent sale prices of $375k). Our street has been extended, and 21 brand spankin' NEW custom homes are being built at a price tag of $400+k...and THEY'RE SELLING QUICKLY!!!

I expect to see some of those houses "turn over" soon enough. I don't see how anyone is going to see a Return on Investment (ROI) for AT LEAST 10 years, and even then would you pay more than $400k for a 10+ year old house in a "non-descript" neighborhood?
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:41 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• The real unemployment, U-6 number, is at 16.5%. I know some of the stimulus, in my state, did go to saving jobs for cops and teachers. A lot of it was wasted though.
    smalltowngal

Answer by smalltowngal at 10:42 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Ya know, we already knew this would happen. The idiots who voted for him were clueless, Obama knew it would happen too. If everyone is dependent, they statistically vote for the liberal candidates and become scared enough to invite socialism. You fools don't think Obama knew that. Give the man some credit, he is creating EXACTLY what he wanted after telling everyone EXACTLY what they wanted to hear. I say, good for all the idiots that voted for him, chances are more than likely they will be the ones most hurt and dependent through all of this. Good for all of you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Jul. 2, 2009