For the moms with grown kids...

Are you as close to yours sons as you are to your daughters? Sometimes I don't want any more kids, besides my son but I am afraid we won't be close like I am to my mom so I really want a daughter.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Jul. 2, 2009 in General Parenting

• One son is close and one isn't. I wasn't blessed with daughters. I know that both DILs are close to their mothers. And also that my mother's daughters are close to Mom. My husband and his brother were close to their mother.

Answer by Bmat at 10:23 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I have two DD's..One doesn't talk to me at all and one talks to me..I do not think it matters if you have girls or boys. When they grow up,,they make there own minds up if they want a close relationship with you or not.

Answer by louise2 at 10:26 AM on Jul. 2, 2009

• My oldest son is 23 and we are very close. My youngest two sons are close to me as well. I have two teen DD's and we are also very close and all my kids are close to one another. Your relationship is what you make it...I don't think it has anything to do with sex but rather how you parent them all along.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:22 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I was but he married the witch from hell and stopped talking to me.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:36 PM on Jul. 2, 2009